What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Mark Knopfler - Kill To Get Crimsom

Mark Knopfler (Guitar, Vocals), Danny Cummings (Drums, Percussion), Guy Fletcher (Keyboards), Ian Lowthian (Accordion), John McCusker (Cittern, Violin), Frank Ricotti (Vibraphone), Steve Sidwell (Trumpet), Chris White (Clarinet, Flute, Saxophone), Glenn Worf (Bass Guitar, String Bass)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Friday morning with Mark’s ‘Kill To Get Crimson’ and, as always, he is sounding mighty fine! One sweet album…

17 Likes

Emerson, Lake & Palmer | The Atlantic Years | 1992
Recommended by @Rafael for its SQ this double CD has just turned up after a month or so wait.

6 Likes

Alexa Rose - Headwaters
CD|2021

Folk

Thanks I’ll look that link up.

1 Like

An enjoyable end of the week Genesis session

5 Likes

Bob Dylan - Before The Flood

Having played all 39 studio albums, it’s time to hit the live albums. This is first live album by Dylan, ably backed by The Band and incorporates some of their own songs. It’s a fine performance with many reworkings of older songs, and played with vigour. A fine album IMO.

15 Likes

Obviously going to be a quiet evening in… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Nina Simone At Town Hall | 1959
Good music never gets old.

6 Likes

This latest Kevin Gray remaster from the original analog tapes is nothing short of spectacular. Best sounding version of this classic I’ve ever heard.

14 Likes

Mingus and band giving it some at Carnegie Hall:

9 Likes

Brandi Carlile ‎– In These Silent Days
CD|2021

Released today

6 Likes

If you like that one, I was going to suggest checking the Music Matters edition until I saw the prices its now going for!

3 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Gravy Train: The B-Sides 1996-2007
First listen to the 6th cd from The Studio Albums 1996-2007 box set thats just arrived.

10 Likes

Just got it bought! Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Rolling Stones, The London Years. 3 SACD set.

17 Likes

The Bevis Frond - Little Eden

Double vinyl album. The first LP is flawless every track a 9 or 10 out of 10.

1 Like

Robbie Robertson is just brilliant on this set. That thumb plectrum pinched harmonic style of picking - what a guitar player.

3 Likes

Chris Stapleton - Traveller

Belter!

11 Likes

My 45rpm gold standard.
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms.

Hard to beat.

21 Likes

81LNMKVN+HL.SS500
Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap (Deluxe).

11 Likes