What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

On CD:-

51V2koi5N1L._AC_1

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II

26 Likes

23 Likes

15 Likes

Not his best for me - that would be Band On The Run, or even Venus and Mars (my Macca / Wings ‘in’). I do like the rest of McCartney3, but TS does make my teeth itch! :laughing:

The Beach Boys | Holland | 1973

9 Likes

Now playing…

Sting - Mercury Falling

Sting (Guitar (Bass Guitar, Vocals), Vinnie Colaiuta (Drums),
B.J. Cole (Pedal Steel), The East London Gospel Choir (Vocals), Lance Ellington (Vocals), Wayne Jackson (Trumpet), Kenny Kirkland (Keyboards), Shirley Lewis (Vocals), Andrew Love (Saxophone), Branford Marsalis (Saxophone), The Memphis Horns (Horns), Dominic Miller (Guitar), Gerry Richardson (Hammond Organ), Kathryn Tickell (Northumbrian Smallpipes, Vocals) and Tony Walters (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on with the birthday celebration with Sting and this fine group of talented musicians and they are sounding sublime! …just love this album, one of my favorites.

16 Likes

I heard it said that this was the only record (or 8 track) Jimmy Webb could hear above the roar of his Shelby Cobra 427.

Where I heard that I can’t recall (like most things nowadays) but sounds about right.

1 Like

Junjo Presents The Evil Curse Of The Vampires - Tida MQA

Originally released in the early eighties as Scientist Rids The World Of The Curse of The Evil Vampires, due to some legal wrangling to avoid paying Scientist his due royalties these eighties Greensleeves Dub Albums are now titled Junjo Presents or Linval Presents (the names of the so called “producers”)

Anyway whatever, one of a series of classic early Eighties amusingly themed Dub albums (Meets The Space Invaders, Wins The World Cup, Encounters Pac Man etc) with Scientist on the controls at King Tubbys with the essential Roots Radics band laying the tracks at Channel One.
Contentious credits aside, the good thing about the re issues is they pair the original Dubs with a second disc containing the original vocal cuts.
For WAILING SOULS fans on this thread includes the brilliant Firehouse Rock, Dub, & the skanking Yellowman cut Waterhouse Rock and Bandits Taking Over with Ranking Toyans toasting cut Capital Offence and other great tracks from the likes of Michael Prophet, Wayne Jarrett & Johnny Osbourne

:heart:

2 Likes

Wailing Souls - Back A Yard (Greensleeves LP)

Pleased to see the Wailing Souls getting some love on this thread recently. Especially their new outing with core members Bread and Pipe collaborating with Italian Reggae artist and producer Alborosie.

The irrepressible Wailing Souls are showing no signs of losing artistic momentum, if their latest album is anything to go by. Because they are back (and with this album, ‘back in Jamaica’) and still at the top of their game.

Well worth checking out, also CD and Tidal Master

:heart:

3 Likes

1st run

2 Likes

29 Likes

A new cart arrived today so just testing it on one of my earliest Blues records. A compilation from 1968

5 Likes

15 Likes

Time for a glass of something light and white … cookin’ with the MJQ ‘The Comedy’. The recording is very nice if a bit left and right primitive stereo.

G

Remembering Tom Petty and playing Mudcrutch tonight​:heart::notes::pray:

12 Likes

Cara Dillon - Wanderer

…and now Gregory Porter - Liquid Spirit

Because I haven’t played either in a while.

16 Likes

Bob Marley And The Wailers ‎– The Capitol Session '73
CD|2021

7 Likes

15 Likes

Effectively a Dead Live unplugged from 1980 - “Reckoning”. Definitely rootsier but I still miss those extended electric jams. China Doll and Ripple are however gorgeous.

11 Likes