What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Beatles, Abbey Road. Qobuz. Uniti Nova.

16 Likes

This is it on the phone as a screenshot. Oddly, screenshots never rotate.

1 Like

The Associates - Sulk.

4 Likes

How about the original image (not the screenshot), is it in the correct orientation?

Let’s try another. This is Temperamental, by Everything But The Girl. A wonderful record and their final release.

3 Likes

Are you taking photos in landscape mode?

No, portrait. Don’t worry though, as Richard is on the case.

2 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Fresh from her recent success at as winner of the EDISON JAZZISM AUDIENCE AWARD 2021 in the Netherlands, giving Northern Lights by Margriet Sjoerdsma a spin. image

Lee Morgan The Sidewinder / 1999 Blue Note / France CD / RVG Edition / 724349533226

14 Likes

I’m, at best, a casual fan of jazz. But I do enjoy Mr. McBride. And what a superb cover.

2 Likes

CD - JBO 2002 : )

Underworld - A hundred Days Off

Recordings from Lemonworld Studios, London 2001-2002

6 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :+1:t3: :grin:

16 Likes

@Richard.Dane
Hi Richard, I’m also noticing recently that pictures seen to take longer to upload and since the site underwent some updates?
Cheers

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother, on remastered vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

22 Likes

Streaming…
Gilles Peterson - Magic Peterson Sunshine - Various (MPS Germany)

Gilles has a rummage around the vaults of the brilliant MPS label

Review: Seldom does a compilation title explain exactly what’s in store and allure with some level of mystique like Magic Peterson Sunshine. Especially when you see the label he’s digging on: MPS. One of Germany’s most influential, enduring and creative contributions to jazz, Musik Produktion Schwarzwald’s archives contain all sorts of hidden treasures and obscurities for those who know where and how to find them. Gilles certainly does, as proved by this 15-strong collection that ranges from big band swing of Mark Murphy to the northern soul stomp of The Third Wave by way of the more experimental en-mass vocal adventures of George Gruntz, Peterson really has worked some magic throughout this curation.

:heart:

2 Likes

A couple of nice singer songwriters starts the afternoon.

1 Like

Ultravox - Vienna.

4 Likes

I haven’t noticed that here. I’ll keep an eye out though.

1 Like