What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Yeah, I’m playing it now :+1:
Not heard of Late Night Tales before, some intriguing other collaborations in the catalogue as well
:heart:

I bought this back in June out of nostalgia and for and bit of a laugh. Just started listening to it and… wow! Is it just me or is the mastering on this just lousy?

Roxy Music - Avalon.

15 Likes

Joe Sample The Hunter / 1986 MCA / Japan CD No Obi / 32XD410

3 Likes

They are a cracking series - well worth diving into. The MGMT, Khruangbin, Royksopp, Air, and Fila Brazillia ones are v good (IMO)

1 Like

Any particular stand outs?

See my edit above. ATB

1 Like

Frank Sinatra, Ultimate Sinatra. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

6 Likes

Now playing…

F. S. Blumm and Nils Frahm - 2X1=4

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @anon4489532 above had me place in the queue. A review at ra.com has this as the title: " * On their third LP, Frahm and Blumm explore the outer realms where dub, classical and country meet." The opening couple of tracks are sounding mighty fine and look forward to the rest of the album. This album was released in September 2021 and the duo have released two previous albums which I am going to have to put in the queue…

5 Likes

And @dave-marshall My only slight criticism so far is that the “exclusive remix” of Capitol 1212 sounds the same as the original from Puffers Choice Vol 2. So not sure about the “exclusive” claim
Edit: well to be sure I compared them, Don’s “exclusive remix” adds some siren effects and maybe lifts the bass a little but nothing transformative really imo. I’m picking flies though

1 Like

Scotch Bonnet presents Puffer’s Choice - various artists.

Oh, the power of suggestion! @Dreadatthecontrols

A wee session with some of Glesca’s finest.

3 Likes

:+1:

4 Likes

On CD:-

Trifecta - Fragments

1 Like

@dave-marshall @crispyduck
Not sure if I drew your attention to this before Steve Vibronics excellent podcasts. Includes an episode with Tom Tatersall from Mungo’s HiFi

1 Like

Depeche Mode - Black Celebration.

4 Likes

Got that one added to my reading list, nice one, Dread. :+1:

1 Like

It’s an audio podcast, each about an hour long chat, really interesting and inciteful.
So get reading those books, Bass Culture, Alpha Boys School etc and listen to a few of these, I’ll be setting questions after :joy:

1 Like

Now playing…

F. S. Blumm and Nils Frahm ~ music for wobbling music versus gravity

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with another album from Blumm and Frahm. Enjoyed 2X1=4 and continuing on with their earlier work…

@dave-marshall Sorry if I’m becoming a nuisance, one last recommendation for your peepers and another from Lloyd Bradley

Over n out
Enjoy your evening

2 Likes

Amon Düül II | Wolf City | 1972
More psychedelic krautrock from one of the pioneer bands, recently restored to the library.

7 Likes