What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

New Order - Low-Life.

10 Likes

CD ‘was’ not that bad at the end of the day… :relaxed:
MF Gold Ultradisc UDCD

12 Likes

Lionel Richie. Dancing on the Ceiling, Vinyl. I was dragged along to see him on this tour at the NEC back in the day. It was great fun. I have a bit of a soft spot for the Commodores and Ritchie.

61CjaPuaqqL.SX355

5 Likes

VU Third with the closet mix from deluxe version.

16 Likes

Something to accompany supper… a roon radio find

3 Likes

That’s a fine album. My vinyl copy celebrates its 50th birthday next year. :grinning:

2 Likes

Now playing…

f.s. bloom & nils farhm ~ music for lovers. music versus time

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with ‘f.s. bloom & nils farhm’ and the music is working well and sounding mighty fine on this cool, damp and overcast morning! Brighting up the day with their music…

2 Likes

Bobby Timmons In Person (Alto Edition/Riverside)

Relaxing with Bobby Timmons along with Ron Carter and Albert Heath “Live” At The Village Vanguard 1961
Arguably not a particularly noteworthy performance, nothing challenging just a nice good chilled vibe

:heart:

2 Likes

Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden.

18 Likes

Can | Monster Movie | 1969
Sticking with early psyche and krautrock with one of my favourite bands from that time.

6 Likes

Thelonious Monk - Monk’s Music

It’s impossible not to love the music of Thelonious Monk. So creative and unpredictable.

8 Likes

I don’t listen to this that often – it’s quite intense and can be a bit much if you aren’t in the mood – but it is a rather beautiful record nonetheless.

5 Likes

Gene Ammons - Nice an’ Cool, Moodsville/Analogue Productions (2009)

Another excellent Stan Ricker cut from the AP revival series again using the Wilson cutting equipment. Pressed at RTI.

7 Likes

Love and Rockets - Seventh Dream of Teenage Heaven.

2 Likes

Recorded in Berlin in May 2003, this is my favourite Frapp bootleg. Great sound, superb performance and a stellar setlist. CD.

7 Likes

Not sure how I stumbled upon this trio - piano, bass and drums, but what a breath of fresh air!

5 Likes

A1tH0TAG8wL.SS500
George Harrison - Gone Troppo, not his best, but still some fine music, if you’re a fan.

6 Likes

Tina Dico was a great discovery for me many years ago and I was fortunate enough to see her live in Brighton. Fabulous songwriter and a great voice with really meaningful lyrics. Don’t understand why she didn’t take off more over here after her collaboration with Zero 7.

Tina Dico “No time to sleep”

2 Likes

Tones on Tail - Pop.

2 Likes

11 Likes