What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now Playing…

Keb’ Mo’ - The Door

Keb’ Mo’ (Guitars, Banjo, Harmonica, Vocals), Jim Keltner (Drums), Steve Jordan (Drums), Sergio Gonzalez (Percussion, Drums), Reggie McBride (Bass), Scarlet Rivera (Violin), Greg Leisz (Pedal Steel Guitar), Greg Phillinganes (Synthesizer, Pedal Steel Guitar, Keyboards), David Mann (Saxophone), Lawrence Feldman (Saxophone), Thomas Tally (Viola), Gerri Sutyak (Cello), Leon Ware (Vocals), Dennis Collins (Vocals) and Marva Hicks (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with one of the very fine albums from Keb’ Mo’ and he and the very talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! One fine album…

14 Likes

3 Likes

If you’re into Booker T & The MGs, you’ll love this!

11 Likes

Todd Rundgren - Todd.

6 Likes

This is rather good.

Donald Byrd Royal flush / 2006 Blue Note / RVG Edition / Germany CD / 094636263229

Donald Byrd Trumpet
Herbie Hancock Piano
Pepper Adams Saxophone
Butch Warren Bass
Billy Higgins Drums

10 Likes

Ah just yesterday I picked up the guitar and checked out the tab to Cissy Strut. Just that intro riff was enough.

1 Like

61-biapuh0L.AC

Ska Mania - The Return of the Rudeboy! - various artists.

54 choons full of happy, bouncy, Ska & 2-Tone goodness.

Ee’ this takes me back a bit. :business_suit_levitating: :footprints:

9 Likes

Hi,yes I think so too.I’d not heard of him until a few years ago,when a friend got me a ticket to see Duke Special,Gareth was the support act that night,blew me away!

1 Like

Brandi Carlile - In These Silent Days
CD|2021

12 Likes

Future Days | 1973
Carrying on from last night with another Can.

5 Likes

Miles Davis - 1971 Live-Evil

Because symmetry helps understanding, with this I learned what a palindrome is.

12 Likes

Late Night Tales - Khruangbin (Tidal)

Following yesterday’s Late Night Tale version excursion from Don Letts

Another Late Night Tale albeit in the late afternoon.

LNT’s I’d not heard of before but apparently been doing these artist curated selections & mixes since 2001, so theres quite an intriguing back catalogue to explore.

Thanks to @crispyduck or was it @Charles64 (anyway big ups all round) for the handful of suggestions including this one…

Sorry, not trying to plug Tidal, for those like me who might be interested to know more this was the best article I could find after searching…

https://tidal.com/magazine/article/more-than-a-mixtape-the-story-of-late-night-tales/1-25007

:heart:

4 Likes

Judging a book by its cover sometimes works

After the discovery and enjoyment of David Helbock Trio last night I remembered seeing a post by @TheKevster with a similar cover earlier.

Both on the ACT label so gave this a go earlier and thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe not one for every day but it will get repeated plays in the future.

Janne Mark - Kontinent with Arve Henricksen

4 Likes

Marillion - Clutching at Straws.

7 Likes

How I wish this super group had done more together. What a trio… I also regret Chickenfoot only producing the two albums.

7 Likes

I can recommend seeing these live if you get the chance.

11 Likes

I’m gonna join you in a bit of Cheap Trickery @anon23112058. Bringing back memories of the summer of '78 with this yellow vinyl LP I bought from a shop in Hammersmith.

11 Likes

I believe it was described at the time as “Kamikaze yellow vinyl”. Absolute cracker of an album…. Might have to go on after Them Crooked Vultures.

2 Likes

The Beatles, Mono Masters. Vinyl. Linn Sondek LP12.

17 Likes