What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Lee Morgan - Tomcat
The Bevis Frond - New River Head

Vinyl.

2 Likes

The original on Independiente label is very pricy and rare, but the recent RSD issue by Craft Records is available at retail prices, new and unopened.

1 Like

Sarah Jarosz, blue heron suite. Soft start to Friday morning down under. Sweet. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler - Neck And Neck.

15 Likes

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle.
His magnum opus :fire:

9 Likes

Van’s best album of the mid-late 70s by far IMHO

20 Likes

Danielle Miraglia, bright shining stars. Well said @NigelB - stripped back Lisa Mills. Haven’t listened to this for a while. Awesome soulful voice and country blues. :relaxed:

7 Likes

John Anderson, Solid Ground. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

4 Likes

Think I got it the following week Kev. Both this and UP are in my top 20 albums of all time. So pleased to have great condition originals but it didn’t stop my buying a further 3 copies of each!

1 Like

Now Playing…

Silje Nergaard - Houses

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… completing some chores and today’s exercise routine I am taking Silje out for a spin after a mention above from @MrStreamer, and as always she is sounding sublime! First time spin of this album…

5 Likes

Because I was born 10 years too late! This is the 2017 red version that sounds great.

14 Likes

Amos Lee - Last Days At The Lodge, reminded of this fine album after playing Doyle Bramhall earlier, as he is one of the excellent cast of musicians featured.

11 Likes

Selections from:
then moved on to:
followed by:
and now:

with this stacked up:

All running from the Allo streamer, via the nDAC/XPS → 82/Supercap → Headline2/Hicap → Senn 650, and sounding pretty d@mn fine :slight_smile: .

A real “Prog Fest” with “real” rock music!

9 Likes

Frank Sinatra - Sings For Only The Lonely 60th Anniversary Edition.

I’ve had the CD of this for years and love it, but this particular record is a very special version of it. Intimate, the music simply caresses the room and everyone in it, and yes, Frank is in the room, just for us.

15 Likes

Eminen - The Marshall Matthers LP.
A ‘pent up’ prodigy discovered by Dr. Dre :leaves:

2 Likes

And continuing tonite’s Progfest, selections from:

9 Likes

It’s never too late to enjoy dumb entertainment.

The Undertones - Hypnotised.

Their preferred title was “More Songs about chocolate and girls” as a slag of their label mates, Talking Heads.

.sjb

6 Likes

@NigelB After your earlier rant, I felt inclined to add a few descriptions. I’m wondering whether this has spurred your interest in gangsta rap? :relaxed:

1 Like

The Beatles - Let It Be… Naked, playing the Fly on The Wall bonus disc, which comprises random chatter and snippets of unreleased song performances from the sessions.

10 Likes

N.W.A - Straight Outta Compton.
This is one of the most influential rap albums of all time :christmas_tree:

4 Likes