What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

9 Likes

Jackson Browne - Running on Empty.

18 Likes

Rolling Stones, Aftermath. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

20 Likes

Big Star - #1 Record.

6 Likes

Thanks- I have noticed a few people being disappointed with the quality of the pressing- fingers crossed that mine is ok- will update in due course. This type of music really does need a quality pressing doesn’t it?!
BW
Jonathan

This lady has a wonderful voice also

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Great voice indeed. Will give it a spin tonight!

1 Like

Hi Dread, thanks. Received two copies from RT this morning as you did!
Hopefully one of these is ok :crossed_fingers:
Yes that’s me on discogs, cheers

1 Like

David Benoit Waiting For Spring / 1989 GRP / US LP / GR9595

Visiting my music buddy last night he played this fine sounding LP with great guitar playing on it…

David Benoit Piano
Emily Remler Guitar
John Patitucci, Luther Hughes Bass
Peter Erskine Drums

2 Likes

Yes, I have that one too. There used to be a great website called allthingsemily.com, which was a brilliant resource for just that: all things Emily. It included hundreds of live recordings, links to all the YouTube videos, transcriptions of several of her compositions etc. It also included a list of all known albums on which she played. I think I managed to get hold of all of them before the website disappeared.

The website included two transcriptions which I’d generated, so I’d had a number of exchanges with the lady who had created the website. I have written to her a couple of times since the demise of the website, but sadly have received no reply. Maybe she’s been imprisoned for copyright infringement!

1 Like

SQ is good and its mastered by Bernie Grumdman, so it is a pity that there are some rogue copies, hopefully you’ll be fine
:heart:

1 Like

They must be aware of rogue copies maybe so trying to give satisfaction! Peculiar, I noticed I’ve been charged twice and recieved three! As there all good and given the rogue copies out there I’ll hang on to em!

Hopefully you’ll now have at least one decent copy, it is odd though :joy:

Nick Lowe - Jesus of Cool.

11 Likes

Gomez, a band I dont hear much about these days although a glance at Discogs shows they have released further albums up until about 2016.
Not played in ages I loved these first two, thereafter they went off my radar…

Gomez - Bring It On (Hut 2LP 1998)

Gomez - Liquid Skin (Hut 2LP 1999)

They sound to me like a Bluesy, Psyche Indie band with touches of Animals era Pink Floyd, I’m possibly talking out my #rse though!

:heart:

17 Likes

Yes first replacement cleaned on the Okki Nokki and plays great! Only been charged for one though. They also sent a link for a postage label to return the original.
Top service from them!

1 Like

2 Likes

Great! So you ended up with 3 copies too? :joy:
Only difference seems I never had a duffer in the first place, maybe its buy 2 ( or rather get charged twice) get one free! :joy:

Brain One has a new compilation of music for various films and TV series coming out soon. So I thought I should give this a spin.

9 Likes

Moonchild Voyager / 2017 Tru Thoughts / UK CD / TRUCD341

5 Likes

12 Likes