What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Tears For Fears - The Seeds Of Love (Tidal)

Selected primarily for the opening track Woman In Chains and Bad Mans Song with Oleta Adam’s which led to her recording her Circle Of One album

:heart:

11 Likes

This has yet to hit Qobuz in the UK region. This makes me think we won’t be seeing this latest Sean Rowe album on Qobuz, this side of the pond.

Damn!

Has Sean changed record labels?

Maybe the US get new albums by US artists on Qobuz before the rest of us?

After the detour via The Pretty Reckless, 2 albums worth back to back and enjoyed both of them enough to add the, to the “must explore more of” playlist.

Returned to the My Weekly Qobuz playlist and a couple of tracks later this lady appeared, again necessitating a detour via this album.

Youn Sun Nah - She Moves On

Apparently she is Korean, and moved to Paris in 1995 and studied Jazz and French Chanson at the CIM Jazz School.

4 Likes

Primal Scream/Adrian Sherwood - Echo Dek (Tidal Master)

Following @anon23112058 with another angle on Primal Scream. Adrian Sherwoods Dub mix of the Vanishing Point album.

5 Likes

Nigel he has changed record labels. “Released October 8 as Rowe’s Fluff & Gravy Records debut.” a quote from the American Songwriter website. There is also a nice review on the ‘The Glide Magazine’ website.

You can also find the album on band camp

I have been enjoying his latest release and hope you can locate a copy to give a listen.

2 Likes

Because it’s a little different but really good. ‘The Black Stone Affair’ by the Whatitdo Archive Group. Spoof at it’s best!

1 Like

Dunno Ian, this is a 2 x 45rpm LP set that, according to the blurb, was “remastered in high resolution”, using “the latest technology”, whatever that means. The SQ is very good, it’s the music I have a problem with.

Elton John Recordings In The Summertime

6 Likes

Now playing…

Natalie Hemby - Pins and Needles

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… listed in the new release section on Qobuz and taking Natalie out for a spin, and the opening track is sounding mighty fine! I’m looking forward to the rest of the album.

6 Likes

On Vinyl - 1974 pressing:-

The Beatles - Let It Be

21 Likes

12 Likes

The Highwaymen, Highwayman. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

4 Likes

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye.

11 Likes

The Allman Brothers Band | Brothers and Sisters | 1973

11 Likes

I’ve the 4xLP that has 33 tracks (it also came with the respective 2xCD and a dvd) that was released in 2015 that covers all those tracks so I’m unsure of the remark ‘first time on vinyl’.
Nevertheless it is a bit ‘loungey’ for want of a better word!

Supergrass - I Should Coco.

7 Likes

Christone Kingfish Ingram - 662

Having been not so impressed with this, Kingfish’s second album, I am having a second listen. You just have to realise that his first album, ‘Kingfish’, is an out and out blues album. He trying something a little different with 662. He rocks out, which is a bit unexpected, but ultimately I give him credit for not doing more of the same. Still some great blues on 662, it is just blended nicely with some rock.

Really enjoying 662 now!

Gosh, he can play that guitar. Such a young talent.

11 Likes

King Tubby Meets The Agrovators At Dub Station - Tommy McCook & The Agrovators (Live & Love LP 1975)

Prime vintage Dub/Instrumental with the great Saxophonist Tommy McCook leading the Agrovators band. Osbourne Ruddock aka King Tubby at the controls…

Ruff!

3 Likes

Yes, I thought it had been on LP before but couldnt see it on Discogs
Edit: found it, it’s slightly differently titled Nightbird, so the first time on vinyl claim is incorrect

1 Like

Fabulous guitar work on this CD…