What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Going through all albums of the guys

3 Likes

1979 debut solo album - Mick Taylor

3 Likes

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou - Elegy of the Uprooting

Eleni Karaindrou Ensemble: Eleni Karaindrou (Piano), Vangelis Christopoulos (Oboe), Sokratis Sinopoulos (Constantinoble Lyra)Maria Bildea (Harp), Konstantinos Raptis (Accordion), Sergiu Nastasa (Violin), Renato Ripo (Violoncello), Stella Gadedi (Flute), Nikos Guinos (Clarinet), Socratis Anthis (Trumpet), Spyros Kazianis (Bassoon), Vangelis Skouras (French Horn), Aristotelis Dimitriadis (Mandolin), Traditional Instruments Ensemble, Hellenic Radio/Television Choir: Antonis Kontogeorgiou (Choir Director) and Camerata Orchestra: Alexandros Myrat (Conductor).

Streaming on Qobuz: (44.1/16) kicking off this Tuesday morning with an album from Eleni after a very restful and long nights sleep and she is sounding mighty sweet! This is one beautiful album…

3 Likes

Hi Eoin,

I am pleased that you like the Mfsl Freewheelin’. It really is the best version I have heard.
I have some of the other Mfsl Dylan. Desire is also very good.
Enjoy listening to it.

Prem.

1 Like

After my ‘fail’ with Frank Zappa, I thought I’d continue down the rabbit hole I started down a little while ago of

I started the journey with Heilung - Futha a Couple of weeks ago
Continued on with Wardruna - Kvitravn a couple of days ago
Now playing

Heilung - Lifa

This includes a YouTube reactor favourite 'In Maidjan

2 Likes

On CD:-

5 Likes

Christy Moore - The Early Years 1969-1981 - Release day white vinyl
The great Irish folkie’s early work, tracks from his early albums and rare live and broadcast performances, it’s folk rather than his folk-rock work, he’s one of the great interpreters of a song.

2 Likes

Enjoying the voice of Tania Maria on this energetic Brazilian-jazzy album recorded live at The Great American Music Hall, San Francisco California in September 1984.
The recording style certainly transports the listener back to the 80s! :smile:

4 Likes

A favorite album…

2 Likes

No I hadn’t heard of them but will check them out. Cheers.

1 Like

Loma - Don’t Shy Away

2 Likes

Thanks, I will be looking into some of their earlier albums. I bought the very good Purple Mountains record from last year and noticed that members from Woods were involved in that release.

Art Blakey - Indestructible
Miles Davis - Round about Midnight
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds Of Fire
Cream - Fresh Cream

All vinyl

12 Likes

Had a quiet day at home, way too hot to be out.

1 Like

I can’t stop listening to this album from Allison Moorer.

9 Likes

Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus, recorded on tour in '77.

14 Likes

10 Likes

a bit further down that rabbit hole,

A Qobuz artist suggestion The Hu

A Mongolian band mixing heavy metal, throat singing and traditional Mongolian instruments.

The Hu - The Gereg

1 Like

Bear’s Den & Paul Frith - Fragments - Release vinyl
Young British folk rockers Bear’s Den write songs on deep themes, here they’ve linked up with composer Paul Frith who’s provided orchestral backing for some of their best songs. Wonderfully textured settings and a lovely album.

It’s probably my favourite but it was the first one I bought by them. Then they had a hiatus for quite some time