What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Decided that I had to purchase this. Only fair to reimburse the band more than Spotify would and I can’t find them on Qobuz. Don’t have Tidal.
Incredible in 24/96.

6 Likes

17 Likes

Might do the same, can’t imagine Tidal would give them anymore either. It’s a great album.

Some half time (Football) Lovers
Carol Thompson

1 Like

Downloadable from their website direct. Do various download qualities for the same price. Do various vinyl options as well.

Lol i went to school with his daughter.

Paul Weller - On Sunset. Just got the vinyl, sounding quite good.

10 Likes

Lou Reed - New York - 2020 boxset vinyl
As a review said back in 1989 when this came out “Rock & Roll isn’t dead, it’s just grown up”. 2 guitars, bass and drums, a set of powerful songs, stirring singing and playing, one of the great rock albums. The original vinyl had great SQ and is still excellent after 32 years, this is as good, possibly a very slight uplift.

17 Likes

Have the original = stunning

1 Like

I have 24/96 hi res definitely better than my old CD. It’s a great album from a guy at the top of his game. He produced some great albums in the 80s.

2 Likes

Emily Baker A Dark Murmuration of Words

9 Likes

Agree Eoink. The original vinyl was unusually high sq especially considering the long playing time. I really wanted a cd version as well for convenience. Enjoyed the dvd and live cd.
Not got round to the extras disc yet but overall I think it is a well presented and thought out collection.

2 Likes

The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A JTQ Collection, time for a bit of Hammond and acid jazz. Their take on " Mrs Robinson " is a carbon copy of The MG’s version, at least they had good taste :smile:.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Eliza Gilkyson - Hard Times In Babylon

Eliza Gilkyson (Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Kazoo, Pump Organ, Vocals), Matt Andes (Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Vocals), John Egenes (Mandolin), Rafael Gayol (Drums), Mark Hallman (Accordion, Vocals), Mike Hardwick (Dobro, Guitar (Acoustic Guitar) and David Webb (Hammond Organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a recent mention and taking out for a spin and enjoying the opening track and looking forward to the rest of the album!

9 Likes

IMG_0918

Great album with some iconic tracks!
Can always return to this album and listen as if it’s something new

31 Likes

Eric Burbon and the Animals Retrospective

11 Likes

Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways, on vinyl.

17 Likes

Maggie Rogers - Notes From The Archive: Recordings 2011-2016

3 Likes