What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Exciting new Scottish jazz from drummer/ composer Graham Costello’s Strata “Second Lives”. Raucous numbers from the rockier end of the jazz spectrum interspersed by shorter quiet contemplative pieces. Really tight band with Fergus McCreadie’s piano a stand out. On ever excellent gearbox vinyl.

2 Likes

I think I’ll give the new remaster a miss and stick to this.:grinning:

16 Likes

Nice !

20 Likes

There was a time I could tell you where, when and why I bought every album in my collection.

Now I scan through and think what the…. All can say is I had good taste in music.

Dadafon - Lost Love Chords

Apparently they are an experimental Norwegian Jazz group - don’t ask me.

5 Likes

16 Likes

Kt Tunstall, eye to the telescope

16 Likes

Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar.

3 Likes

Rita Coolidge, anytime… anywhere. Thank you so much @anon23112058 ! In fact, I have been waiting to say thank you very much to you for taking the effort to Include info about the album in your posts. So very nice. Thank you. Have a great Thursday night, Friday and weekend! :blush::+1:

5 Likes

Brilliant blues from a real future talent. The 22 year old Christone “Kingfish” Ingram has blues in his Mississippi blood. And he was only 20 when he released this debut album.

His 2nd album (662) is a cracker too. Out on vinyl in 2 weeks.

PS….the title 662 is the telephone dial code of his hometown of Clarksdale, Mississippi :guitar:

15 Likes

16 Likes

Admire the honesty. A little harsh maybe. Bad day?:rofl:

Staying with the Fab Four. Japanese vinyl copy

22 Likes

20 Likes

Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin’- WAV CD rip
My favourite Dylan, a set of powerful folk songs including some genuine masterpieces, fine finger picking and harp playing, and that unmistakable voice.

14 Likes

50th Anniversary

16 Likes

Rita Coolidge, self titled album. I don’t want to talk about it, how I live under the rock and has just been reacquainted with a great singer thanks to @anon23112058 and you all. Thank you from down under (a rock). :relaxed::+1:

7 Likes

No, great day thanks. I happen not to like this Eva Cassidy record.

1 Like

More Couperin, again on SACD.

8 Likes

Thank you very much for your kind words. I also wish you a lovely weekend and keep discovering new music. I would highly recommend that you add this to your repertoire to complement your appreciation of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd :relaxed:
Deep Purple - Machine Head.

18 Likes

7 Likes