What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I’d go with Abbey Road, one of my favourite albums, Side 2 medley is one of my Desert Island Discs.

2 Likes

Hi Alan, I must be a bit behind the times. Have seen this Get Back/Let It Be on here a few times.
What is it, a new box set or something?
Cheers
:heart:

Filter - Title of Record.

1 Like

Stealers Wheel - Stealers Wheel, on first uk pressing. The headline track is of course Stuck In The Middle, where prior I was only familiar with that track via a compressed CD compilation version, the difference in sound quality is quite surprising. Also, love the surreal John Byrne cover too.

14 Likes

Early pressing of my favourite Kraftwerk album. Sounds fab

14 Likes

Hi Dread, yes it’s the latest Beatles deluxe box set celebrating the Let It Be album. Available in the usual vinyl and digital formats, featuring as always session material from the time. Also that’s a book ( Get Back ) on the left of my photo, a companion to the set and seperate to the book that accompanies the box set.

1 Like

Thanks so much for thinking of us. It’s a shame you can’t make it, but there seem to be a lot of lurgies about. I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Makes me think of the scene from Reservoir Dogs, ouch!

2 Likes

Right, thanks!
:heart:

Yes that probably my favourite too but like others have said it can keep changing. I think I was also trying to make the distinction between favourite and most played which can be different.
Hope Mrs. Dread better soon.

1 Like

Yes, the song has never been quite the same after Quentin’s delicate use of it! A fine film though.

1 Like

Each track is solid gold.

2 Likes

Following up a couple of albums suggested in the last few days on here.

Tried Mansun

Mansun - Six
Sorry didn’t quite float my boat.

Moved onto another one from a band I recently accidentally discovered and have become somewhat hooked on.

The Pretty Reckless - Who You Selling For
That’s 3 albums so far and I’ve loved them all

4 Likes

A Roon radio find, a similar vein to The Rope but with a bit less intensity and drive.

1 Like

Well- vinyl arrived today is more warped than a warped thing… sounds good but my Ittok is going up and down like a jackhammer- I have requested a replacement. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

How to Destroy Angels.

1 Like

1st run

3 Likes

Giving this a listen on Spotify, heard a track on TV last night.
Joy Crooks - Skin

2 Likes

Agreed, that’s why I said depends. :+1: Thanks for the get well message. She has a condition Heamochromotosis which makes her vulnerable, doesnt stop us partying at home though! :grin:

1 Like

Bugger! Sorry to hear that, persevere you will get a good un :+1:

1 Like