What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Specials - Protest Songs 1924 - 2012 (Tidal)

Enjoying the new album and different direction. High energy Ska/Reggae this ain’t! Fans might be in for a surprise, pleasant or not depending on your expectation.

:heart:

4 Likes

Scandinavian Suite by Tatsuya Takahashi & The Tokyo Union.

Very enjoyable jazz orchestra album.

Vinyl.

Some stuff from Beatles - Let it Be Vinyl Box Set.

Patchy but some good stuff.

For Sale is one of my favorites too! Together with Rubber Soul and Revolver.

2 Likes

19 Likes

Elvis Is Back. His first album after he left the army. In my opinion, one of the all time greatest albums. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

9 Likes

Joy Division - Still.

12 Likes

Soil - Scars.

2 Likes

Was? Surely it still is!:grin:

1 Like

1st run

2 Likes

How about this one…

20211016_170019
:heart:

6 Likes

The Beatles - Beatles For Sale, first pressing in mono. I’ve finally bagged my first Beatles mono LP (insert excitable emoji here)! I always look at early Beatles albums at fairs and dealers and nearly all are badly scratched, but for once here was one that was in really decent shape and had no scratches at all, although very dirty. Six passes per side via the RCM, and it’s now much better - there is light surface noise, but nothing too distracting, and l now get why the mono versions are so reverred.

22 Likes

Fine solo album from 2001.

6 Likes

Black Sabbath | Paranoid | 1970
On my preferred Castle label CD with much better dynamic range (14) than the other standard redbooks of the time.

22 Likes

Dry Kill Logic - The Darker Side of Nonsense.

The Beatles - Let It Be - WAV CD rip
Joining the Let It Be love-in and playing the Giles Martin mix of the album from the new deluxe edition. The vinyl was the first album I ever bought back in the mid-70s and I’m always loved it. This box-set is great, and as usual Giles’s mix is superb.

22 Likes

Mudcrutch 2. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

9 Likes

Ruthie Foster - The Phenomenal Ruthie Foster

Love this gal’s voice and the Gospel influence in this album.

8 Likes

Quite right @Thruster04, quite right! :+1:

1 Like

5120KUI7ROL.AC_UY436_QL65

10 Likes