What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Saw Doctors: Songs from Sun Street. Makes me smile.

1 Like

The incomparable Tom Zé’s Grande Liquidaçāo.

Truly brilliant and bonkers in a mainstream-ish way.

1 Like

Had already some of their earlier music which I liked, the new album is also quite cool. You can find them on Bandcamp, and they do some good marketing with personalized responses to your buying…

3 Likes

What a stunning debut album!

25 Likes

Peter Gabriel

Very innovative sounds. The bass instruments are great. All very freaky sounding.

Phil

20 Likes

Great album of JLH and a few friends joining him adds to the fun

24 Likes

A bit of Traffic

11 Likes

Tyrannosaurus rex. Prophets seers and sages.
Magic from 1968

11 Likes

Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes.

18 Likes

I’ve got a little Black book with my Poems in !

22 Likes

Excerpt from the back cover … Originating in the foothills of Southern Appalachia, the Piedmont blues served as a breeding ground for cross-pollination between traditions: rural and urban, black and white, country and coastal. Swept up in the Great Migration, it was carried from the Carolinas and Virginia, north and east through Maryland and Washington DC, to New York City and back again.

7 Likes

Random Iggy day. Played in order of release. Pleased to have seen him many times since 1977 so:
I say “Oh my” and a, a “Boohoo”
image image image

11 Likes

The Cry of Love - Jimi’s most complete posthumous album gave us all a clue as to the amazing journey that might have lain ahead. A good number of the tracks were recorded at the then state of the art Electric Lady Studios styled to cater to Jimi’s every whim. The album really sounds fantastic.

17 Likes

Thanks for the reminder Bob. Really liked When the Eagle Flies but not familiar with the other one. So time for Low Spark on vinyl with the daft shaped cover and inner (ripped of course) but the great extended jams.

12 Likes

Kill City is superb. Always been a favourite of mine…seems little known, which is a shame. I’ve never personally known anyone else with a copy, or who have even heard of it.

Great stuff!

4 Likes

Artist: Shinichi Atobe
Album: Yes

because it`s a very elegant electronic music

3 Likes

Salmonella Dub Inside The Dub Plates

Joe Elliott from Def Leppard heads a super group to pay homage to his favourite band(s) Mott the Hoople and Mott. The second album following the excellent debut Regeneration.

2 Likes

Country Roads and Other Places - The Gary Burton Quartet

2 Likes