What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I bought it in newsagents rack in 1976 then found the CD on the German Line label in 1990. The 2010 remix/remaster by Iggy on Bomp records cleaned the whole thing up and we finally got to hear the album in it’s wonderful glory.

The best record the Stones never recorded.

1 Like

Corinne Bailey Rae, her self titled debut, includes the hit " Put Your Records On ".

16 Likes

Another brilliant Soul Jazz double LP comp.

3 Likes

Far from Home essentially just SW and Jim Capaldi, fine album from 1994. Try Steve Winwood Greatest Hits Live, all SWs finest.

7 Likes

7 Likes

As Spirit Of Eden is to The Colour Of Spring, as Kid A is to OK Computer, then so is Paul’s Boutique to Licensed To ill.

A masterpiece. From frat boy satirists who were consumed by and became the object of their own derision to sampledelic champions of hip hop.

Like Lou Reed’s New York, released the previous year, this is an audio document of certain NY streets and scenes told from a particular, authentic perspective.

Paul’s Boutique - The Beastie Boys

(One of those I have in multiple versions. The original vinyl, though good, is topped by this 2LP cut from about two years ago).

12 Likes

Eydie Gorme - Sings Showstoppers.

3 Likes

7 Likes

11 Likes

1 Like

I’m playing this at the moment. He certainly plays energetically and with gusto! I didn’t like the crashing of all fingers onto the keyboard, but the slower music is exquisite! There is plenty of his music on Qobuz!

Phil

5 Likes

Starting with James Brown Sex Machine/ Greatest Hits. Watched the Blues Brothers (again) last haven’t been able to get the music out of my head since.

15 Likes

Ella Fitzgerald - The Irving berlin Songbook Volume 2.

13 Likes

Sam Cooke Ain’t That Good News

14 Likes

Just finished Billy Bragg’s book on skiffle: apart from tens of thousands young kids learning to play guitar in the late 50’s it brought us the Stones and the Beatles to name a few. here’s is another one:

5 Likes

Keith Jarrett Paris Concert off newly arrived Japanese SHM-CD. Know the concert well (possibly my favourite long form solo Jarrett) but this sounds just great and just finishing my third listen of the day before going to bed.

R-8969590-1481373853-8556.png

10 Likes

Last listen of the evening.

Ladies Of The Canyon - Joni Mitchell

17 Likes

Listening to it now, and was about to post, sounds very clear and detailed. There’s something magical and as you say uplifting about No. 4, though certainly some darker themes/elements too.

5 Likes

Aretha Franklin Now

18 Likes

Now playing…

Melanie De Biasio - No Deal

Melanie De Biasio (Vocals, Flute), Pascal Mohy (Piano), Pascal Paulus (Clavinet, Synth) and Dré Pallemaerts (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a little Melanie for this evening to help close out a busy day and she is sounding sweet!

12 Likes