What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Rhythm Collision is something else, as is the Crack
I was introduced to the Ruts by my uncles who were not only very close with the band, particularly Paul Fox and Malcolm, but roadied for them in the early early days.

1 Like

Big fan of Bedouine - second play and this is revealing it’s pleasures.

Bedouine - Waysides

3 Likes

From one of the Mehta Boxes I recently ripped

5 Likes

Give it a listen.

Lana Del Rey, blue banisters. First try. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon / 1992 EMI / 20th Anniversary Box UK CD / 077778147923

With all the talk of the PF catalogue being available via Hi Res streaming I thought I would start my Sunday with this CD version - sounds great!

Additionally, yesterday I watched this excellent documentary which is available on BBC iPlayer.

20 Likes

One of my absolute favourite albums. It’s just beautiful and the playing is superb.

4 Likes

The Ruts DC - Rhythm Collision Vol2 2013 (Tidal)

Not as good as the original Vol 1 imo but still worthy

20211024_110200
:heart:

2 Likes

Predictably amazing and sonically more than acceptable from reel to reel.

11 Likes

The first greatest-hits compilation devoted to Manfred Mann’s hits, Mann Made Hits was one of the great dance albums of its era and has held up about as well as those hits, which is to say, really well.

11 Likes

John Coltrane - A love Supreme.

A bit of Sunday jazz.

Edit: shoulda scrolled up a bit and seen I’m not the only one listening to this fine album today. :blush:

15 Likes

COVER

3 Likes

T. Rex. The slider.
Proof that I’m not stuck in the 60s.

21 Likes

Wet autumn day, fires lit, late breakfast cooking, this in the background on the Nova.

Lovely selection of tracks that I still enjoy:

3 Likes

Still my favourite TRex album.
I clearly remember buying it in a dingy little record shop in Harold Hill, the shop, even the rack it was in…it was a US gatefold (god knows how such a thing ended up there, it was not a sophisticated place!) so I was sold from the get go…

1 Like

Just arrived.
Garbage on pink 45.

Sounds pretty good, though I never had an original to compare.

10 Likes
5 Likes

Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy, on first UK pressing. I guess its werewolf time.

12 Likes

Didn’t one of them win the jackpot on the Irish lottery.

1 Like

I’d not seen that, just looked it up and yep the keyboard player Tony Lambert won the best part of a million in 1993. Sadly he died of a heart condition in 2018.

2 Likes