What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Cook & Morton (Penguin Guide to Jazz) called this album a “near-disaster,” but I always felt it was an underrated gem.

Now playing…

Melanie De Biasio - Blackened Cities

Melanie De Biasio (Voice, Chant, Flute), Bart Vincent (Vocals), Sam Gerstmans (Double Bass), Dre Pallemaerts (Drums), Pascal Mohy (Piano) and Pascal Paulus (Synth, Vintage Synths, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on with more from Melanie and members of this sextet and they are sounding mighty fine!

12 Likes

Now playing…

Melanie De Biasio - Lilies

Melanie De Biasio (Vocals, Finger Snaps, Flute, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Piano), Pascal Mohy (Piano), Dré Pallemaerts (Drums, Cymbals,Drum Samples), Pascal Paulus (Beats, Clavinet, Drums, Electric Guitar, Juno, Piano, Rhythm Bass, Solina, Tambourine, Background Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… Continuing on into the late evening and taking Melanie’s ‘Lilies’ album out for a spin and she is sounding mighty sweet! Just LOVE this album…

10 Likes

Eels Earth To Dora.

9 Likes

lol i went to school with her

Haven’t had a chance to listen to this for awhile, still think it was one the best albums of 2020. Matt Berninger Serpentine Prison.

18 Likes

Elbow The Seldom Seen Kid

19 Likes

7 Likes

Everything Sacred - Yorkston/Thorne/Khan

A vast and rewarding blending of disparate styles - traditional folk tunings, lovely stand up bass, Indian sarangi (a bowed instrument), all sympathetic to each other, honing and concocting some fascinating sounds and textures.

Torrential downpour outside, pot of tea brewing inside.

3 Likes

After seeing this posted a few times especially by @TheKevster I thought I’d have a listen. So far so good.

Goldfrapp Tales of Us.

22 Likes

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Will the circle be unbroken. I’ve been dipping in and out of this lengthy collection recommended by @TheKevster . Must get a copy.

7 Likes

@TheKevster is popular today.

3 Likes

I ended with this yesterday, so starting again today. I’m thinking of buying the Rostropovich set of Shostakovich symphonies, which includes this version of the fifth, which is justifiably Shostakovich’s most well known symphony. This is a bit rough around the edges, but might be just what was intended, after all Rostropovich was a friend of the composer.

9 Likes

Memória das Águas - Fernando Falcão

Beautiful, almost symphonic, percussion based piece by a Brazilian I’d never heard of until I bought it.

1 Like

Texas - Southside

16 Likes

I’m sure I bought mine a couple of days after I seen him in Newcastle in '77. I’d bought ‘The Idiot’ a couple of weeks beforehand, what a concert!
Green vinyl, and still sounding as new, always looked after my vinyl!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Excellent album,such a good songwriter.

11 Likes

One of my favourite albums, has great memories.

Jack White Acoustic Recordings 1998-2016 (disc 1)

13 Likes