What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Agree,I think it’s stood the test of time,still sounds fresh.

1 Like

Yehudi Menuhin/Ravi Shankar/Alla Rakha/Prodyot Sen

6 Likes

I have the Rostropovich set - the 8th from it is magnificent in my view. But there are so many to choose from!

I’ve only recently acquired the Jansons set, which has much to commend, but I’m very tempted by the Rostropovich, especially as it’s <£16 currently on the river. I shall try the Rostropovich 8th on Qobuz - Edit: Sadly, only the version he recorded live with the LSO can be found on Qobuz.

Uploading: 78356525-E25B-489F-8AD7-A98B03389815.jpeg…

Naff image,but great live band,shame there best song,Blue Desert,wasn’t included on this compilation.

9 Likes

Taj Mahal - The Natch’l Blues

11 Likes

Lloyd Cole - Lloyd Cole

His first solo album after the Commotions. Great to hear this record again after so long.

7 Likes

Fanny Lumsden’s wonderful album Fallow.

3 Likes

Thanks @AndyP
I didn’t know there was a remix. I’ll look out for it. Ta!

1 Like

It’s nice to feel wanted… :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Supertramp - Even In The Quitest Moments…

24 Likes

Listening to Fever Ray and especially - Keep the streets empty for me -
On a Naim Unit Atom / Monitor audio Gold 100 5G, a real system test that song.

fever ray

12 Likes

Now playing-

11 Likes

Variations on the title of the previous play:

My East Is Your West

• Sarathy Korwar and Upaj Collective

Sublime 3LP live record. Features incredible versions of compositions by Ravi Shankar, Alice Coltrane, Don Cherry, Pharoah Sanders, Abdullah Ibrahim, John Mclaughlin & Joe Henderson.

Aims for the higher ground. Over achieves splendidly!

6 Likes

Having a first listen to this:

6 Likes

Finishing my night with Elton Johns classic Honky Chateau.

20 Likes

Wonderful album/track. First heard this while visiting the fantastic Stephan Vanfleteren retrospective at FOMU, the photo museum in Antwerp. His photo of Charleroi was used for the front cover.

1 Like

As with all Iggy stuff around that period it’s difficult to make a silk purse from a sow’s ear - billed as restored, re-mixed and remastered by James Williamson it’s probably the best we’re gonna get and well worth a purchase.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

This is the cd I used to demo my Atom in my dealer’s - it didn’t take long to make up my mind. Great album.

Sudan Archives - Athena
Superb album by Brittney Parks, great vocals, songs and violin playing. This is fiddle funk at its finest.

2 Likes