What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Why “unknown”?
It’s Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Brilliant album.

1 Like

‘Second Helping’. The WAV files created by my then HDX didn’t transfer all the data. The FLAC’s show everything though.

G

Now playing…

Melanie de Biasio - A Stomach Is Burning

Mélanie De Biasio (Vocals, Flute), Axel Gilain (Double Bass), Pascal Mohy (Piano), Pascal Paulus (Keyboards), Teun Verbruggen (Drums) and Steve Houben (Flute, Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off the day with this 2012 release from Mélanie and this fabulous sextet and they are sounding mighty sweet! One very, very fine album…

6 Likes

Typical wav meta issue.

1 Like

Thanks for this recommendation, never heard of them but listening now and really like it, cheers!

Fine album. My original vinyl copy is rather worn due to many years of playing. Suppose I could get a cd version but that wouldn’t make it easy to appreciate the wonderful Bosch cover art!

1 Like

Evan’s piano wonderfully characterful and ‘present’ with the 555PSDR over the XPSDR. To me this is a big uplift in replay.

G

11 Likes

Rory Block - Keepin’ Outta Trouble: A Tribute to Bukka White (2016).
One of the six Mentor Series that Rory Block released between 2008 and 2018.
(she went to meet many of the living blues greats).

British Airways were responsible for switching me on to Rory Block. On a six hour long-haul flight they had “Last Fair Deal” on their entertainment system. I now have 13 Rory CD’s on my local server and went to see her live in Ostende 2015.
PS. Think I might be all Block’d out for today.

2 Likes

Indeed, a joy to listen to.
A bit like those school essays, “compare and contrast…”, listen to Rhiannon Giddens - One Hour Mama on the Sessions disc, then Tomorrow Is My Turn, Angel City. Then Hit Em Up Style and Why Don’t You Do Right with The Carolina Chocolate Drops. Just about anything from Freedom Highway, also her work with Yo Yo Ma.
So versatile, unusually for someone classically trained, she convinces in do many styles. I would have expected her to feature more in the Currently Played Female Singer… thread

1 Like

@catswhiskers
I’ve edited my post, that was in response to @igahman to expand on his initial post on the subject, adding a link to the BBC where there are some clips of the sessions.
:+1:

1 Like

Wonderful local band! Seen Wilko Johnson a few times over the last few years too

15 Likes

I look forward to the time when we can go to see live music again. I saw Gretchen Peters at the Glee club in Nottingham a few years ago. She was also superb and have seen her a couple of times since.

2 Likes

My copy is pretty worn too. Worth sticking with though, the cover painting would need too much eye squinting to see on a CD case!

Taylor Swift - Evermore

Really enjoying both this and Folklore.

12 Likes

Love that man, always puts a smile on my face…
Gets cancer, hooks up with Roger Daltrey to record a last farewell and tick off his bucket list,fans and journo’s start considering his epitaph, beats it, makes a documentary (which iirc had an appearance by the Grim Reaper), then records a “come back” album titled Blow Your Mind.
Inspirational and darkly comic.
Going_Back_Home

:heart:

15 Likes

14 Likes

29 Likes

And then, goes on tour again, apologising humbly to his audiences for still being around.

Diamond geezer!

6 Likes

‘Joe’s got a cough, sounds kinda’ rough’

Love the swagger on this double.

G

1 Like

Long Hot Summers - The Style Council compilation.

8 Likes