What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Nice to see the floppy Exile disc pictured yesterday, I’m assuming you didn’t actually listen to it ? :grinning:

1 Like

Stevie Winwood - Back In The High Life, this is certainly an album from the '80’s, but that doesn’t detract from how good it is. Excellent contributions from Joe Walsh and James Taylor also.

16 Likes

‘Course I did!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, You’ve just got to hear the brilliant " Exile On Main St Blues " :grin:

1 Like

First play of Madlib and Keiran Hebden’s Sound Ancestors.
More pedantically, Madlib arranged by Keiran Hebden.

Vinyl out soon, I think. (Just checked, and it’s out in March).

Update: one listen in and it feels like Madlib not only raised his game again, but also expanded his already considerably vast palette. Four Tet as arranger presumably shares some of the credit for this magnificent creation.

For fans of soul, jazz, global, reggae and, most of all, for lovers of sounds.

A most aptly titled album.

2 Likes

Rumer - Seasons of My Soul

15 Likes

Some post Feelgood Wilko
Solid Senders

Expanded edition with turn it up and try to keep still while listening live tracks.
“No jumping on the seats!” -Mrs Dread
:heart:

7 Likes

Followed by the man selecting from the Chess catalogue
20210129_133432

5 Likes

The Reverend Shawn Amos and the Brotherhood were a revelation for me in 2020 - In fact Blue Sky was my Album of the year. The two albums get a lot of airtime here.

Claude

1 Like

Blue Sky is a superb album, he has a great back catalogue as both the Reverend and Shawn.

1 Like

A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay. I really wouldn’t describe myself as a Coldplay fan and recent stuff leaves me cold. However, every time I listen to this I am reminded what a very fine album it is with no duff tracks

16 Likes

23 Likes

Roxy Music - Avalon

29 Likes

Madonna - Ray Of Light.

20 Likes

Skynyrd. Live. 2x Vinyl. Reliving my youth. Still got concert programme and ticket from 77.

12 Likes

Getting a chance to sample the 555PSDR in place of the XPSDR on my NDX2. What’s very apparent now is the individual character of the separate stringed instruments and an enhanced ‘live’ quality. It’s that ‘lower noise floor’ thing.

Whatever that is.

G

12 Likes

After the exhilarating Madlib/Four Tet I needed a different atmosphere.

Broadcast and The Focus Group

2 Likes

Steven Wilson - The Future Bites
Excellent like this a lot

7 Likes

20210129_143831

7 Likes

21 Likes