What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

One I’m sure @anon10403888 will be adding to his collection.

1 Like

Shostakovich Symphonies 1 & 6, SNO/Järvi

From my earlier vinyl buying days (sticker says £5.99). Orchestral pieces, in fact all classical, are so much better in digital formats, where clicks and pops don’t spoil the enjoyment in the quieter passages.

6 Likes

Brings back great memories of Dr Feelgood at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1976. I remember Wilko on the right of stage with his telecaster connected to his amp by the longest coiled guitar lead ever. He was dementedly running round the stage and as the lead coiled like a huge spring it was at waist height between him and the amp, it caused carnage with Lee Brilleaux and John Sparks, but not once did that cable come adrift. What a great live band!

4 Likes

2020 release of the collaborative album Orange Crate Art by
Bryan Wilson and Van Dyke Parks:

2 Cd’s with disk 2 being instrumental’s of the tracks on disk 1.

4 Likes

14 Likes

Not much changed 40 years on !

2 Likes

With all this Dr. Feelgood and Wilko Johnson nostalgia better play Stupidity (1976)

15 Likes

The Beatles - Past Masters, time to listen to some of the finest b-sides recorded in pop.

16 Likes

Following on from earlier… This is wonderful! Not heard it before… Again, HiRes on Qobuz.

Suspect this is going to get a blast on the main system this evening.

8 Likes

:wink:

Joining @Charles64 in a bit of Broadcast-ing. This is their superb debut from 2000.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Ryley Walker - Primrose Green

6 Likes

Just discovered this one

5 Likes

Imperial | 2021
Soen’s brand new prog’ metal album out today, getting its first listening.

1 Like

Thanks to his second hit Bunsen Burner he has now been able to release his Greatest Hits album. Commenting on the fact that the title of this album is now in the plural, Otway said that he was very proud of it, having "finally got it (the ‘s’) on the right side of Hit ".
20210129_155603
otwaylive8

:grin:

6 Likes

My youthful crush.

G

9 Likes

Just out today - On All Fours by Goat Girl. Really good. Huge improvement on first album ( just like Shame’s second album released last week)

3 Likes

Bob Dylan. Trouble no more. Mammoth 8cd/1dvd box. Playing disc 1.

6 Likes

Mipso - Coming Down The Mountain
Bluegrass/folk

1 Like