What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

All you guitarists out there know that Sor wrote in the style of Haydn, not Beethoven. Anyway, not a bad recording but Barrueco is starting to show his age if you know what I mean…

CD on Tonar

1 Like

10 Likes

Something atmospheric and down tempo to go with evening meal preparation.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Another release today. Absolutely beautiful playing

6 Likes

It also passed under the radar for me too, however I ordered the Bluray last summer and would highly recommend it - great production and performance

1 Like

I had my CD and Bluray copies delivered today. Looking forward to listening tonight - have really enjoyed the electronic direction he has gone in of late so looking forward to this one!

The War On Drugs - Live Drugs

Can’t really add to the superlatives already stated for this album. Just really good music.

13 Likes

Man “Tons of sobs” and “Fire and water” are two different albums
:grinning:

3 Likes

Entertaining, scathing, polemic and often very funny punk poetry recorded in 2004
20210129_171610
:grin:

3 Likes

More Broadcast. Trish was such a great singer. Much missed.

3 Likes

Remember taking some time off school (read skiving) and getting both albums on cassette from Our Price and hammering them all day on my Walkman ready to discuss tracks the following day. Good times.

9 Likes

I watched the Berberian Sound Studio the other night and downloaded the soundtrack.

Wonderful band.

1 Like

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Willy and the Poor Boys. I haven’t listened to this in ages, so I dug my vinyl copy out. This was my introduction to them in the early 1990s (bit late, I know) and I loved it instantly, subsequently going on to acquire all their albums in short order. What a great band.

17 Likes

No 5hit. We’ll spotted!:+1:

5 Likes

Both are great though!!

1 Like

7 Likes

Paul Lawler. CD 1997. My wife and I are currently “discussing” who bought this. We are both denying it. Interesting and really well recorded.

Third disc of this four-CD set, recorded on the last night of the Isolar II tour in Japan in December 1978, in slightly ropey, if perfectly listenable SQ.

8 Likes

Beethoven Piano Concerto #1, Brendel, VPO/Rattle

When nothing else satisfies, you can always rely on Beethoven and these are such wonderful interpretations.

12 Likes