What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Jon Anderson 1000 Hands - Chapter 1.

Released March 2019
Rereleased July 2020 - Sounding very good.

3 Likes

Elvis Costello - Trust (on vinyl). Another one I haven’t listened to for some time and I’m enjoying re-acquainting myself with this LP.

14 Likes

Disco 4 - Remixed By Pet Shop Boys

4 Likes

22 Likes

I thought he was being held against his will and it was a coded message for help.
I’ve told the boys to stand down. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

17 Likes

Liking the songs and tunes, shame it’s quite compressed overall thought. She has a great voice and after seeing her on Jules Holland quite an electric taste in music herself.

3 Likes

If you can Pete listen to Guy Garvey’s show every Sunday on BBC 6Music or BBC Sounds . He’s a natural DJ , a really nice chap with a great choice of music .

2 Likes

Is this the right thread for an argument?
20210129_184243
:grin:

12 Likes

Love The Band and the Mu-so Qb 2nd generation!

15 Likes

Out today and an absolute delight. @Lontano was quite right. Having said I was getting a bit weary of recent ECMs, this has restored my faith. The playing is just lovely. Qobuz seem to have it priced too cheaply so if you want the download, grab it while you can.

5 Likes

Some classic soul and funk from The Isley Brothers.

11 Likes

Tom Adams, Particles. Haven’t listened to this guy for ages but a firm favourite, all his albums are brilliant. Qobuz 44/24.

2 Likes

On vinyl, a randomly-poicked platter from NY:

15 Likes

Now playing…

Eliza Gilkyson - 2020

Eliza Gilkyson (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Harmonica, National Steel Guitar), Christine Albert (Choir/Chorus), Bukka Allen (Keyboards, Hammond Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Bellarosa Castillo (Choir/Chorus), Cisco Ryder Gilliland (Drums, Percussion, Vocal Harmony), Noëlle Hampton (Choir/Chorus), Mike Hardwick (Dobro, 12 String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Pedal Steel, Slide Guitar), Jaimee Harris (Vocals), Warren Hood (Fiddle), Chris Maresh (Bass), Zanna Ouise (Choir/Chorus), Jana Pochop (Choir/Chorus), Raina Rose (Choir/Chorus), Betty Soo (Vocal Harmony), Kym Warner (Mandolin) and Bonnie Whitmore (Choir/Chorus).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this morning with Eliza and this fine album released in April 2020 and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

Gotan Project. DJ Set. Ripped CD.

Indie Folk
Buck Meek - Two Saviours.

2 Likes

Nudge, nudge wink, wink say no more😉

2 Likes

13 Likes

Agreed. Their 4th in particular is amazing IMO

Claude