What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Just browsing around this afternoon after thinking there were some good new releases today and being disappointed when I previewed so by luck found this from 1986.

5 Likes

Lisa Mills, The Triangle. LP.

Although I’m pretty new to blues, it’s really growing on me. I’m still a newbee so I’m grateful for recommendations.

This is one from @johnt and @seakayaker (and maybe others I’ve missed) and it’s a very good one - there’s something about Lisa’s voice that immediately grabs my full attention. SQ of the LP is excellent, not too closely miked up with a strong “you are there” feeling.

Claude

10 Likes

I could never suss this lot out.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oh I did buy one other album - the new Steven Wilson :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Claude, I was pointed to Lisa by @johnt to give credit where it is due, John has posted a number of fantastic artists that I had not played previously. This is why this thread is my favorite in the forum, their is always something from around the world that I have not listened to and find the introduction to the artist here!

3 Likes

If you haven’t already heard it try Lisa’s album I’m Changing

2 Likes

An incredible singer. Her best-selling album, co-produced by Stevie Wonder.

15 Likes

Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home.

Album number 5 of my journey through His Bobness’ studio albums. Half electric and half acoustic, this is a turning point for him. He tells us he is leaving the protest folk songs behind, and welcomes a more bohemian way of life. He peed a lot of his fans off with this, something he would continue to do from time to time. Anyway, there’s a few classic Dylan track here.

18 Likes

12 Likes

I ordered the CD from her website last week. Lisa emailed me personally yesterday saying she’s currently in Europe and apologising for the delay. She said a friend of hers could send me a copy and even offered a reimbursement (I said I’d wait). A class act.

Claude

2 Likes

He also gained a lot of new fans. This is where I came in, although I backtracked to the folk years later on. I remember thinking how square his old fans were.
I was older then I’m younger than that now.

5 Likes

He regularly peed (some of) his fans off, like a purge, if you will. The only time I remember getting really hacked off with him was the release of Slow Train Coming.

Having been brought up by super religious parents, the idea of one of my heroes going all religious was like a stab to the heart for me. It took me many years to buy the album and listen to it. I’m over it now.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Shai Maestro - Human

Shai Maestro (Piano), Jorge Roeder (Double Bass), Ofri Nehemya (Drums) and Philip Dizack (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… a newly released album from ECM and I do love Shai’s music. Shai and the quartet are sounding sublime on the opening track and looking forward to the rest of the album!

7 Likes

She’s been living in Germany since the first lockdown last March with her boyfriend Hermann she had stock of all of her albums with her, but everybody buying from this forum means she has sold out, so her friend Cindy in the US is now shipping them. If your lucky Cindy will send them to Lisa for signing first, she has done this for a few forum members.

Delays. Faded Seaside Glamour. CD. I would never have come across this had a colleague, much younger than I, lent it to me. Brilliant dreamy high quality pop. High quality songs. If you can stream, well worth a whirl.

51YI8Yq1KrL.AC

4 Likes

I’ll ask her, thanks for the hint

Claude

1 Like

I know, you’re weak and nobody is perfect! :disappointed:Actually…:sunglasses:

1 Like

:hugs:

1 Like

Mariee Sioux. Faces In The Rock.

Of Native Mexican, Polish, Hungarian heritage making very ethereal folk, very chillin with a wine.

Check out Wild Eyes.

Looking forward to when we can ‘make time’ and do ‘you know what we should do?’ again.

15 Likes