What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Intrigued by your post I am now on my third listen so that may give you a clue as to how much I’m liking this

A review on Sputnikmusic had this as its opening paragraph…

“Kiss the A…s (edited VV) of a Black Cat is a one man project led by Belgian Stef Irritant, who uses guest musicians on most of his albums. He plays dark and sober folk similar, in style and quality, to Wovenhand. The folk is also mixed with rock, country and even some drone influences.”

Then finished with…
“So if you like your folk a bit darker or you are a metalhead who just wants to hear something different, try this record.”

I get hints of The Mission and other suchlike bands.

1 Like

I bought this yesterday on CD. A really great album. Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams

3 Likes

Portishead - Third

16 Likes

Listened to this few minutes ago. Very enjoyable.

1 Like

One I passed on today having waited a while for the release. I may come back and pull the trigger.

Nevertheless a super album by a great new talent.

The Doors - Morrison Hotel.

17 Likes

Now playing…

Joe Lovano Trio Tapestry - Garden of Expression

Joe Lovano (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Tarogato, Gongs), Marilyn Crispell (Piano) and Carmen Castaldi (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on through the noon hour with Joe and his fabulous trio and they are sounding sublime!

5 Likes

Whitney Rose - Rule 62 (2017)

Yes, it is rather good. Can also recommend this:
https://www.navigomuseum.be/nl/piekenoas
The CD is included with the photo book about Belgian fishermen!
Just need a couple of Westmalle Tripels… :wink:

1 Like

6 Likes

Along with Hard Candy this is one of my favourite Counting Crows albums

Counting Crows - This Desert Life

8 Likes

This was recommended in the UK Guardian today. I’ve been streaming it and find it so much more energising than most of the ECM piano trios who for me, whilst sounding exquisite, tend to be glacially slow and over-cerebral. A good shot of brass also helps to lift the tonal palette.

More Minnie:

9 Likes

From 1972 Brigitte Fontaine - the first track is incredibly beautiful but she is completely off her trolly, unhinged and you know what must follow.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this album coming out and it’s not disappointed. Great songs and such a gorgeous voice.

Celeste - Not Your Muse

5 Likes

Pootling through today’s new releases and very happy to see the return of The Besnard Lakes. 5 years since their last album and they still sound like no one else on the planet.

2 Likes

This was recommended on here recently and I’m really enjoying it.

4 Likes

UK first press vinyl. Janice-Marie is the QUEEN of bass!

8 Likes

22 Likes

The Band - Music From Big Pink.

18 Likes