What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Gary Peacock Marilyn Crispell - Azure

Gary Peacock (Double Bass) and Marilyn Crispell (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on into this Friday afternoon with the cool and soothing tunes from this very fine duet and they are sounding mighty sweet! One very fine album…

5 Likes

4 Likes

David S. Ware - tenor sax
Joe Morris - guitar
Warren Smith - drums
William Parker - bass

CD on AUM Fidelity

2 Likes

Interesting story on this one - here is Side 2 with the massive hit Nights in White Satin published by Tyler Music.

Here’s the story:-
"Lonnie Donegan was fond of telling people how badly done by he was over the recording of his debut hit, Rock Island Line in 1956. He had received the standard session fee of £3.50, which worked out at 70p per song, for the five he cut that day. He didn’t receive any money in royalties when Rock Island Line sold three million copies in six months. But Lonnie wasn’t always so hard done by. In 1965 he signed a nineteen-year-old singer named Justin Hayward to a management and publishing contract with his Tyler Music Company. Justin had been in Marty Wilde’s group and after signing with Lonnie he released a single on Pye and then another on Parlophone.

In 1966 Justin joined the Moody Blues and soon began work on their groundbreaking Days of Future Passed album. The biggest hit from that album was Nights In White Satin, which has charted in Britain three times and reached No.2 on the US Hot 100. The song is published by Tyler Music, Lonnie’s company, and earned the King Of Skiffle a veritable fortune over the years. And it wasn’t just that song, but also most of Justin’s other songs that featured on the Moody Blues million-selling albums."

11 Likes

There are 3 volumes of this great collaboration.

8 Likes

But more Billie tonight

5 Likes

I’ve just downloaded the Bowie podcast and listen to later today. Thanks. :+1:

1 Like

Great story, Andy. Thanks for sharing!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Billie Holiday - Lady In Satin.

20 Likes

Is that the 5 minute or the full half hour

2 Likes

Music + Fashion + NYC., Supermodels & bass guitars.

2 Likes

Looks a bit quiet Steve! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Good stuff that.

1 Like

Because it’s late.

8 Likes

Creedance Clearwater Revival self titled album circa 68.

14 Likes

Yes Graeme I think that’s one of the things I like about him, that he does what he wants and we can take it or leave it. I was at the right age to embrace the electric period and the attitude that went with it. My reaction to Slow train was the same as yours for many years but now just see it as the start of a decent gospel music period.
Btw did I miss it or did you skip album 4

1 Like

You’re up late.

1 Like

Lucinda Williams West.

11 Likes

Suzanne Vega, An Evening Of New York Songs and Stories. Vinyl.

It’s a freezing evening here in Montreal tonight (minus 17, feels like minus 22) and Suzanne’s songs and stories are warming me up. One of my best purchases of 2020.

SuzanneVegaAnEveningOfN52789_f

Claude

19 Likes

Little Feat Dixie Chicken

16 Likes