What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

That is quite a hat!

1 Like

11 Likes

1st run

8 Likes

The Gurrumul Story.

Tidalising this one right now, and it’s very good indeed.

Respect to @igahman and others … … … great shout.

9 Likes

I’m sure the cover is ‘artistic’ but that aside I’m really enjoying the rabbit hole I’ve fallen into with this singer.

Ana Popovic - Unconditional

7 Likes

If you’re into guitar based smooth jazz, then give Acoustic Alchemy a listening to. As ever with me, this is their live album from a couple of years ago. Looking forward to see them on the last night of their annual pre-Christmas residency at the Soho Pizza Express Jazz cafe.

7 Likes

Mayer, debut album. I just “get” everything this guy has done. Mixes Blues, Pop, Rock, Jazz, Soul, etc.

I can listen to his guitar playing all day long.

hqdefault

13 Likes

Recent CD purchase, ripped and ready to go. Class apart!

7 Likes

Good to see her up here. I think she’s great!

5 Likes

Mary Black, by the time it gets dark. Was going to play something fast for my Friday morning down under but it’s too late as soon as I hit play on this. Pacified. :blush:

First released in 1987.

13 Likes

81bFwWPDYqL.SS500
Taj Mahal, his debut.

19 Likes

6 Likes

I only discovered her recently, played Live for Live and immediately checked to see if she was touring the UK.
Unfortunately not in the short term.

Shades of M83. But that would deny them their own labels. Enjoying this whilst I wash up the tea stuff.

2 Likes

Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece.

17 Likes

Always enjoyed the B side more than the other. Some leftovers and reworked stuff from Some Girls and Black and Blue but none the less a good album.:sunglasses:

22 Likes

Joni Mitchel, blue 50 (demos and outtakes). Short album. Spoiler alert: Have a strong feeling I will play blue after this. :wink: It’s so nice. :relaxed:

14 Likes

Birthday pressie from Mrs Hanumike and on first listen it’s a corker of a blues rock album

Joe Bonamassa - Time Clocks

4 Likes

Joni Mitchel, blue. :blush:

18 Likes

81tdxxwX7JL.SS500
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um.

21 Likes