What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Gillian Welch The Harrow and the Harvest

17 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Dadwawa–this exponent of Tibetan Folk music came into prominence when David Wilson of Wilson Audio Specialties used the track Sister Drum for the voicing of his Loudspeakers.
D41

1 Like

You missed it, post 40.

Yesterday I watched a TV ad about this album:

So I started into the Saturday with it. Very nice “easy listening” for a cold and rainy Saturday morning and it sounds pretty good, too.

Happy Weekend!

5 Likes

Arlo Parks: Collapsed in Sunbeams – a diaristic, near-perfect debut

She may be saddled with being the Voice of a Generation, but the London singer-songwriter’s warm, conversational and observant debut justifies the hype

4 Likes

Blood on the tracks. This is not a bad album by American singer songwriter Bob Dylan.

26 Likes

If you like your trios on the heavy side…

German band Kadavar

4 Likes

Listening to Vestbo Trio. Two of their excellent albums just arrived: “Gentlemen …” and “While You Were Gone”. Their live album Doppler Effect (w/Uffe Steen Trio) is excellent as well and their 2012 album “Less Talk …” is beautiful, but the latter sadly does not seem to be available on vinyl. Had never heard about Vestbo Trio before - great recommendation on the forum (from Mark84 I think with shout-outs from Pete_the_painter and adeypoos as well).

2 Likes

This is a delightful album.

7 Likes

The Beatles, in great sq on shm-cd.

11 Likes

John Taylor, Julian Argüelles, Pelle Danielsson and Martin France - Requiem for a Dreamer

Perfect for a Saturday morning, best time of the week, if you are not working.

Yep they are a good band @fotobrooks, I like all their stuff to date.

1 Like

The Animals
Just read that guitarist Hilton Valentine has sadly passed away.

9 Likes

on this rainy saturday, late morning early afternoon relaxing music:

Joe Henderson - mirror mirror

10 Likes

Stones - Rarities 1971-2003

Stonking live version of Tumbling Dice. Massive feel good.

7 Likes

Just had a Karousel fitted to my LP12 on Wednesday…it’s almost as though the band is in the room! :joy:

23 Likes

Status Quo - Quo.

13 Likes

Ben Harper - Winter is for Lovers.

Not the usual fare we’re used to from Ben, just him and his lap-steel guitar, playing some hugely evocative choons.

Such a relaxing listen, this is an out and out belter!

8 Likes