What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark.

16 Likes

I played this in the car last night - Mr Copeland is really on top form. What a great inventive drummer he was!

20 Likes

I’ve been wanting this Joan Armatrading album for some while- it’s very well reviewed and rightly so. Picked it up for a few quid on Discogs- media in mint condition and the production is fabulous. I saw her in Birmingham in the mid 80’s and she was an incredible performer. Well worth a listen on a stormy day. Track 1 side two particularly good for an hifi workout. It’s called Join the Boys for you digital types.

26 Likes

Eric Clapton - Slowhand

27 Likes

The Weather Station - Ignorance. This 2021 release has been critically acclaimed and I’ve listened to it a few times now. Initially, I wasn’t sure about it, but it’s now revealing its charms and the more I play it the better it gets. It reminds me a little bit of the Weyes Blood release from a year or so ago.

10 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

28 Likes

On a Jack Johnson roll :slight_smile:

Also stretching the CD5’s legs.

(And just seen The Police and OMD above, this evening’s listening plan is taking shape :slight_smile: )

18 Likes

Something gentle for the afternoon

12 Likes

9 Likes

8 x LP - MCA 2000 : )

The Jimi Hendrix Experience is a box set by the British-American rock band the Jimi Hendrix Experience, released in 2000 by MCA. The material includes alternative recordings, live performances and some rarities.

<<>>

Jimi Hendrix was born on this day in 1942 :us:

27 Likes

Kicking off Saturday morning at Compass Point Studio in Nassau

:heart:

9 Likes

Horace Tapscott Conducting The Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra - The Call (Pure Pleasure/Nimbus West 1978)

Another first listen and the follow up to Flight 17 posted earlier
Lovely pressing and mastering by Ray Staff

Here the composer leads four extensive arrangements through his 16 piece orchestra, featuring many of the Nimbus West artists including Adele Sebastian, Jesse Sharps and Linda Hill. The music weaves the sound of afro-futuristic music through changing tempos and a relentless dynamic expressive sound that is complex and beguiling with a deep spiritual sound throughout all four tracks.

2 Likes

Chris Rea - Auberge.

20 Likes

This sounds absolutely fabulous on my system, and the excitement builds with a 552 on the way!
The reviewer on Qobuz seems to think this sounds sterile - what cobblers - IMHO of course!

21 Likes

This dropped through my letter box earlier. Very impressed so far!

7 Likes

On Vinyl:
71Z3-Q1aI9L.AC_UY436_QL65

16 Likes

25 Likes

15 Likes

Got this on a whim thanks to a post here. First listen and quite enjoyed it.

The Cosmic Trip Advisors - Wrong Again, Albert …
CD|2019

Followed by Neil Young - Tonight’s The Night

17 Likes

If the music is nice post it twice!

I was listening to this during the week in the cab and posted the below, now at home and it really is good, give it a go

Omar Khorshid - Belly Dance From Lebanon (Qobuz)

Heard Gilles Peterson playing this guy at the weekend. That particular album re issue isn’t out yet but this is pretty good.
Looked him up, Egyptian Guitarist who exiled himself, due to the political situation, to Lebanon during the early seventies.
The imagery of woman belly dancing is perhaps not very PC these days but the music is well worth a listen

20211124_132106

WEWANTSOUNDS

Omar Khorshid - Giant + Guitar LP Special Edition (black vinyl) from…

Omar Khorshid - Giant + Guitar LP Special Edition (black vinyl) from WEWANTSOUNDS

Wewantsounds is delighted to announce the reissue of Omar Khorshid’s highly sought after instrumental album ‘Giant + Guitar’ originally released in 1974 in Lebanon and recorded at Polysound Studio by famed Lebanese engineer Nabil Moumtaz. The album features Khorshid’s unique electric guitar sound mixed with arabic melodies over superb psych arrangements. The album has been newly remastered and comes with the original ‘Voice of Lebanon’ artwork and a 2 page insert featuring liner notes (Eng/Fr) by Lebanese DJ and curator Ernesto Chahoud.

2 Likes