What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton, Once Upon A Christmas. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

6 Likes

Was excited to see this being announced as David had done some great Bach before, now enjoying the first run…

6 Likes

The new album from Otto A Totland, just released and available on Bandcamp.

2 Likes

LP - EMI 2003 reissue : )

David Gilmour – vocals, guitars, Synthi AKS
Nick Mason – drums, percussion, tape effects
Richard Wright – organ (Hammond and Farfisa), piano, electric piano (Wurlitzer, Rhodes), EMS VCS 3, Synthi AKS, vocals
Roger Waters – bass guitar, vocals, VCS 3, tape effects

Additional musicians

D ick Parry – saxophone on “Us and Them” and “Money”
Clare Torry – vocals on “The Great Gig in the Sky”
Doris Troy – backing vocals
Lesley Duncan – backing vocals
Liza Strike – backing vocals
Barry St. John – backing vocals

<><><>

Happy 74th Birthday Clare Torry! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born on 29th November 1947 in Marylebone, London, England :uk:

31 Likes

@TheKevster
If you havent already I recommend checking out

UK Tour 75

While Live & Dangerous is the Lizzy Live album that most are familiar with. Live 75 captures the band still on the rise recorded at Derby college and very good it is
:heart:

15 Likes

Now playing

Azam Ali & Loga Ramin Torkian - Lamentation of Swans

If you like the work of Dead Can Dance and Lisa Gerrard you might try this one. It has the same ethereal and otherwordly atmosphere.

4 Likes

Sat listening to the Pink Floyd albums above I was reminded of these fella’s:

Excellent concept album with very good SQ.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean

Tori Amos (Fender Rhodes, Hammond Organ, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Matt Chamberlain (Drums, Percussion), Jon Evans (Electric Bass, Upright Bass), Mark Hawley (Guitar), Phil Shenale (Marxophone, Optigan, Hammond Organ, Sampling, Synthesizer) and Tash (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with another spin of this fine new release from October 28, 2021, from Tori and Tori and the band are sounding might sweet! … another fine album from Tori…

13 Likes

Roxy Music, Avalon. Feel like starting a warm day down under with this. :relaxed:

19 Likes

Peter Gabriel IV | 1982
Why? Because it’s a magnificent album that sounds particularly good in this format, PG in his pomp with his first four solo albums.

23 Likes

Hi Steve_S,

My son got me these, a new release from Rhino - if you Google the artist and titles you will see they are available off Amaz… (you know who) and also for streaming from the likes of highresaudio.com and downloadable from various sites.
Hope this helps and I have not infringed the site rules.

All the best Shaunio.

Now playing…

Sophie Hutchings - Echoes In The Valley

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on through the noon hour with Sophie and her solo album released in October, 2021 and she is sounding sublime. First time listening to Sophie and enjoying her music…

5 Likes

Loving this 1993 release from Percy

Robert Plant - Fate Of Nations

19 Likes

Yello, toy. Ahem, this seems to be good fit after Roxy Music or may be my mood this morning down under. :wink:

13 Likes

A fine release

7 Likes

8 Likes

There is no getting away from it, this is one of the greatest albums of all time.

24 Likes

I’d say the best of all time.

1 Like

Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow.

19 Likes

It’s my favourite album of the year. Corker!

1 Like