What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Quiet thoughtful music for a dark November night

11 Likes

Just Finishing…

Acoustic Hymns, Vol. 1

and

Joy Crookes - Skin

Streamed on Qobuz (48/24)… continued on with these two albums when I kicked off today’s exercise routine. First listen for each album and enjoyed them both, I do enjoy exploring the new album release section on Qobuz…

7 Likes

@TheKevster , we managed 3 trips to the USSR, 82, 83 & 85, Moscow, Leningrad, Murmansk, Samarkand,
Irkutsk and lastly the Trans Siberian . But only one LP. Amazing country, but I never found a record shop!

1 Like

I was there for a month in October/November 1987 @BobF – Moscow, Leningrad (RFSR), Kiev (Ukraine), Irkutsk/Lake Baikal (Siberia), Uzbekistan (Bokhara, Samarkand, Tashkent, Khiva), Tajikistan (Dushanbe – and we got close to the Afghan border too!), Kazakhstan (Alma-Ata, now known as Almaty), Turkmenistan (Ashkabad) and Armenia (Yerevan). After my travels around Siberia and Central Asia it was back to Moscow. Great days - I was lucky to have a really good Intourist minder called Ludmila, who was from Sochi by the Black Sea. I wonder where she is today?

I picked up about 20 LPs, and I still have them all. The pop albums are crap, but the Uzbek and Kazakh ones (of local music) are superb. Must dig them out and play them again.

3 Likes

Annie Trousseau, pink and blue. :relaxed:

1 Like

Kate Rusby, hand me down. It’s not Monday but it sounds good anyhow. :relaxed:

5 Likes

To start the day…

Roy Hargrove - 2008 Earfood

3 Likes

Nice! When I moved from London to the U.S. in 1994, I leapt at the chance to fulfil my pipe-dream, a trip on the Trans-Siberian. Started in Helsinki, and took the southern branch via Lake Baikal, ending up in Beijing, then onwards by air to Tokyo and San Francisco. My swim in Baikal (it was May, and there were still blocks of ice on the shore) was an experience I’ll never forget (nor repeat). No record purchases, alas.

1 Like

Were they what Kev - saw them twice at their peak

One of the best live shows - definitely in my top 10

2 Likes

Morning with Ella-

18 Likes

The Syn - Syndestructible (2005)

Steve Nardelli - lead vocals
Chris Squire - bass guitar, backing vocals
Paul Stacey - guitar, backing vocals
Gerard Johnson - keyboards, backing vocals
Jeremy Stacey - drums

1 Like

This was recommended by the Qobuz algorithm. Scandi jazz. It is very accessible and rather wonderful

1 Like

A strange one.
Playing Robert Plant and Jimmy Page “Walking into Clarksdale” album when I noticed the cover art title (left) was wrong.

Could not find reference to the wrong one on Google. Came off a CD Rip.
Has someone tried to substitute an easier to read font?

5 Likes

Boz Scaggs. Dig.
A forum favourite and rightly so.

17 Likes

Goldfrapp - Black Cherry

14 Likes

Still massive

19 Likes

London Grammar. Californian soil.
After Boz I’m playing another forum favourite. It sounds very nice and highlights sq of the system but my next choice is going to have to be something edgier where I can fly by the seat of my pants.

12 Likes

Queen - A Night at the Opera

I’ve just watched Rick Beato’s deconstruction of Bohemian Rhapsody, so had to play this. I certainly recommend Rick’s video as there’s so much in the song that I’d not noticed before, but he goes through it track by track, layer upon layer. He also discusses the recording with Brian May.

21 Likes

Days tunes sorted at 10 hours long…

10 Likes

Imelda May - Life Love Flesh Blood

16 Likes