What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Best Of Peter Green Splinter Group | Disc 2 of 2 | 2002
Nothing not to like here from the great man, the live tracks are wonderful.

16 Likes

After tidying various cables the other night I gave this a spin. Visceral is a good description of the bass on this

4 Likes

Not posting a specific album here, but by god…

I don’t have much opportunity (read: virtually none) to listen to music using my whole system during the week. Pretty much headphones, briefly, or nothing.

On a day off, just sitting here now with the amps etc and speakers finally warmed up. Everything takes several steps forward, and timbre and tone just focus:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Woweee!

2 Likes

Tony Williams - Believe It

One astonishing jazz fusion outing.

7 Likes

8 Likes

The Driver wasn’t that well received, also worth checking out are, The River and Seeds of Memory in addition to his excellent early work.

1 Like

18 Likes

Arab Strap | As Days Get Dark | 2021
As ever these boys fae Falkirk dig deep into dark places. Another fine album from the miserable gits.

3 Likes

Now Playing…

Andrew Duhon - The Moorings

Andrew Duhon (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Adam Campagna (Accordion, Keyboards, Piano), Jack Craft (Cello), Sam Craft (Violin), Michael Girardot (Trumpet), Kara Grainger (Vocals), Jonathan Harris (Lap Steel Guitar), Eric Heigle (Drums), Chris Lippincott (Pedal Steel), Lisa Mills (Vocals), Trina Shoemaker (Percussion), Myles Weeks (Electric Bass, Upright Bass) and Maxwell Zemanovic (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off the Tuesday morning with Andrew and his fabulous and talented group of musicians working with him in the band and they are sounding mighty sweet!

2 Likes

Tony Williams - Lifetime

7 Likes

Balimaya Project - Walo So (Qobuz/Jazz Re:freshed)

Been enjoying this in the cab today via Qobuz. Thanks to @BlueCanary

Driving collective polyrhythms, blazing frontline horns & virtuosic kora stylings collide across this dynamic meeting of traditional Mandé music/culture and contemporary jazz.

Vinyl purchase beckons
:heart:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Kenny Rogers, You Can’t Make Old Friends. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

2 Likes

I didn’t realise Charles Mingus recorded an album of Joni’s songs. Must look that up. :rofl:

Edit: actually joking aside that would have been pretty good.

Apologies for being flippant

1 Like

If you want to check out the bass on your system then listen to the live organ recital currently airing on R3 - brilliant stuff

6 Likes

Post dinner relaxation. Great album- although prefer the original tbh. Did the random grab an album and this was it. Very happy….

16 Likes

Richard Thompson | Mock Tudor | 1999
By way of a change, this fine old album from RT.

12 Likes

2 Likes

Great recording.

2 Likes

71JXKvW-7SL.SS500
Robert Palmer - Heavy Nova.

16 Likes