What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t expecting it to be this good.
It is, and more…

20 Likes

And they were even better when they added Wind.
No I am taking this seriously

1 Like

Sure, Graham… I do like the Golden Earring and Roger Dean (UK cover) connection though. But, of course, you are already new that.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Frank Zappa - Shut Up n Play Yer Guitar

I’ve only ever (knowingly) heard this once before, in around 1980 or so, when a guitar player I used to jam with was trying to steer me in this direction. Listening to it now, I hear much which would have been fun to explore.

12 Likes

I god I’ve probably got the gonocackercackus!
:grin:

1 Like

Celeste recent album is very good.

5 Likes

Gearbox records Monk LP has an interesting story too, tape rescued from a skip
:+1:

1 Like

If you don’t have this album it is well worth a listen - The track Night Patrol has such a great groove.

16 Likes

The Steve Miller Band - Bingo!

4 Likes

It might be miserable outside but its certainly not inside with Bootsy Collins livening things up !

5 Likes

Your mention made me go digging to the back of a cupboard. I was about 14 years old when my guitar teacher gave me some transcriptions to learn together with a 5 inch reel to reel tape of the 78s he used. I had copied it onto a cassette with the original Philips machine. I remembered correctly, John Fahey, Lonnie Donegan, Rev Gary Davis.
A quick search and I’m now listening to this. Found on Bandcamp.

6 Likes

Utterly stunning.

I was just about to post about this myself, was browsing Qobuz for something new to have in the background while finishing some paperwork, and nearly passed based on the cover, so glad I listened.

Extremely pleasant tracks 1-2 not really concentrating, then what the heck!

My years just pricked up with the next few which got better and better.

How do describe, blends of Lana del Rey, Amy Winehouse, Anastacia (track 4), pop/disco divas…just wow.

3 Likes

Thanks. That’s a 5 hour collection which I have added and will dip into.

1 Like

I’ve been looking for something new to cheer me up for weeks, this along with Mahler No. 4 may be the tonic.

1 Like

Californication - red hot chili peppers

For a long while the chili’s did the only rap I could stand. Moderation is probably the word I am looking for, or melodic :joy_cat:

17 Likes

Out of interest, which Mahler 4 are you playing?

Unknown

Decided to dip into the Forum again, I didn’t bother after some rude/disparaging remarks the last time I posted Steve Wilson/Porcupine Tree - so nothing better than to start with this fabulous album. This is a lot better than I expected for some reason, some 80’s vibes within which suits me sir. And that’s a whole decade more modern than only 70’s vinyl… :grinning:

11 Likes

So far today

Atb
Kk

14 Likes

One of my favourite musicians, made some of my favourite albums. I come back to his music every so often and i was very much looking forward to the new album. I like it so far, a lot. My number one album so far regarding his solo works is Hand cannot erase. So please keep on posting about him. By the way, have you checked out his podcast „The Album Years“ on Spotify ( together with Tim Bowness). Absolute fun and interesting stuff and lots of new music to discover.

Cheers,
Mat

2 Likes