What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Mahler - Symphony No. 4, CBSO/Rattle

I’d had enough of Zappa, so thought I’d follow @Alley_Cat, with Rattle’s version with the CBSO. I do have Kubelik with the BRSO, which I prefer, but it’s on vinyl and I’m too tired for dedicated listening. Besides, the clicks and pops would irritate.

7 Likes

@Matthegerman thanks for the heads up, I’ll look into that. I was perhaps a bit sensitive at the time but then again I was brought up on the premise “if you’ve got nothing nice to say then don’t say anything at all”. Personally I wouldn’t dream of commenting in a bad way on someone else’s choice of music here, I prefer to use this thread to pick up on new music that might interest me and that I haven’t heard of before, or albums I haven’t played for ages and it gives me a nudge to listen to again. Served me well for many years and added greatly to my collection and enjoyment.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Having a noisy but fun afternoon. I have listened to the Goat Girl album 3 times all the way through in last 24 hours and am pretty sure it will end up on my Best Of list in 2021

4 Likes

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

The Allman Brothers Band - Live 40th Anniversary Beacon Theatre, the evening of March 20th '09 with Eric Clapton the special guest.

12 Likes

You‘re absolutely right

A bit of Harvey Mandel to kick Saturday evening off!

3 Likes

61RjrY28b0L.AC_UY436_QL65

Discovered this fella maybe a year ago with the Love & Hate album, now have 3 albums and enjoy them all.

18 Likes

13 Likes

A bit of Bowie on vinyl. Not sure why, but “Sweet Thing” just popped into my head.

33 Likes

Good to see you back Markah

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Barclay James Harvest | Child Of The Universe | The Essential Collection | 2013
Because I no longer have any of their individual albums so, this has been a good way to revist their 70s prog rock, nicely interspersed with some live tracks this is a decent overview.

8 Likes

Yeah thanks - I do enjoy this thread in particular. Expect some eclectic tastes over the coming days :grinning:

19 Likes

RIP Hilton, local lad done good.

14 Likes

Really nice. London Grammaresque with male vocals.
Great SQ.

2 Likes

15 Likes

Now playing…

Keb’ Mo’ - Keb’ Mo’

Keb’ Mo’ (Banjo, Composer, Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals), Laval Belle (Drums), Quentin Dennard (Drums), Tommy Eyre (Keyboards) and James “Hutch” Hutchinson (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)…… kicking off this Saturday morning with Keb Mo and he is sounding sublime?’ …a perfect way to kick off the day, my wife’s birthday and we have seen him perform on more than a few occasions… its her birthday and she loves his music, and so do I!

29 Likes

Time to kick it up a notch!

30 Likes