What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

You tease :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Ain’t she gorgeous?:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nilsson. Schmilsson.
Great singer songwriter highly regarded by other singer songwriters including his best mate John Lennon.
Worth it for the incredible “Without you “ and I know track 7 is of special interest to @Yeti

19 Likes

Delicious :sunglasses:

CD - Sony Music / this compilation 2002 : )

<<>>

Andy Williams was born on this day in 1927

Used to enjoy his TV shows, never forgive him for not giving the bear a cookie.
I really liked that bear, always very polite.

But anyway, The Essential Andy Williams on CD is recommended here, he’s one of the few crooners of the era that i really like, probably because he can sing. The only track on the CD to be avoided is “House Of Bamboo” - warning earworm horror :warning: :grimacing:

Andy Williams 1927-2012

6 Likes

I have Heart’s cover of Without You from the album Magazine in my vinyl collection but I’ve never heard Schmilsson itself. I remember Nilsson’s version taking up residence on the radio back in the 70s, before I was buying records, and it rather wore out its welcome at the time.
If track 7 is the earworm referred to by @Pete_the_painter and others elsewhere perhaps I should delete it from the qobuz play queue if I stream the album.

2 Likes

Apparently her burlesque stage name was (aptly) Zelda Plum. I just love those early Vertigo covers.

4 Likes

Nightwish, imaginaerun (tour edition). Not my usual wake up album. But for a Saturday morning down under, this is wonderful. Afternoon and evening too. :blush::notes:

Edit: Just finished it. Almost 2.5 hrs of theoretical experience enjoyed it thoroughly end-to-end. Feels like I just took a journey / watched an audio movie. Someone should make this the soundtrack of a movie, an epic movie.

6 Likes

Shelby Lynne - Shelby Lynne.

12 Likes

For some reason the only album of mine the old man took any interest in. My headmaster took a look and said “hmmm looks just like Flossie” (his pet name for his wife) which sent us schoolboys all aquiver.

1 Like

She’s rather juicy!
I’ll get my coat.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Dawn Landes, meet me at the river. :cowboy_hat_face::notes:

4 Likes

@anon10403888, @igahman, @BlueCanary, right you lot, bromide in yer tea for the next week. :rofl:

2 Likes

I have enjoyed ths;

It was popular on the forum a few years ago.

5 Likes

50th anniversary edition

18 Likes

Bobbie Gentry, Ode to Billie Joe. :relaxed:

15 Likes

Apologies, Sir. Back on topic!:sunglasses:

14 Likes

Put this on the other day and got interpreted, but what I heard sounded interesting. On closer listening think it’s a wonderful album. First 2 tracks grab you. Elbow Flying Dream 1.

10 Likes

Lloyd Cole Anti Depressant

8 Likes

Neil Young and Crazy Horse Zuma, my favourite electric NY album.

21 Likes