What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

To start the day…

Gov’t Mule - 2015 Dub Side of the Mule

9 Likes

I love the sound this guy makes.

1 Like

Cannonball Adderley / Bill Evans Know what I mean? / 2011 Riverside / Germany CD / 0888072326910

Cannonball Adderley Alto Saxophone
Bill Evans Piano
Percy Heath Bass
Connie Kay Drums

1 Waltz For Debby
2 Goodbye
3 Who Cares? (Take 5)
4 Venice
5 Toy (Take 10)
6 Elsa
7 Nancy (With The Laughing Face)
8 Know What I Mean? (Take 7)
Bonus Tracks
9 Who Cares? (Take 4)
10 Toy (Take 8)
11 Know What I Mean? (Take 12)

Starting Sunday with this fantastic new addition to the collection.

14 Likes

Requiem Canticles by Stravinsky… a great recording, and a superb piece… a wonderful Stravinskyesque interpretation of the RC requiem mass.

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up - I’d not listened to this yet, will queue it up for later.

Did you notice the picture of Bill Evans tucked in on the sleeve?

1 Like

Bill Evans Everybody Digs / 2007 Riverside / Germany CD / 0888072301825

Bill Evans Piano
Sam Jones Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

@Clive Yes, I did! Following CA with another newly acquired and fab disc by Bill Evans.

12 Likes

V Boozy night with our oldest friends so nostalgia is in order. Must be year of the pig. A minor rock blues n jazz classic on well played Island i vinyl - must have missed the 50th anniversary box set!

9 Likes

71f6SgFevHL.SS500
The Beatles - Help!, and I am instantly transported back to 1965.

27 Likes

U2 - Achtung Baby - Tidal 16/44
Playing on a Qb at Mum’s place, I didn’t get this when it came out, must remedy that 30 years on. Classy complex rock.

5 Likes

Not a great fan of Elvis Costello until he did Painted by Memory with Burt Bacharach……great album. He sent those tapes to Bill Frisell who did new arrangements and assembled his own band…….a new interesting recording

6 Likes

Cracking album that one! Or should I say crackling album? :thinking:

1 Like

On CD:-

Bob Dylan - Christmas In The Heart

9 Likes

71yPDri7CdL.SS500
George Harrison, self-titled affair from '79, this album has a softer feel than previous releases. Beautifully recorded and played, co-produced by Russ Titelman.

11 Likes

Kings Of Convenience Declaration Of Dependence / 2009 Source / EU HDCD / 509993068402

Previously overlooked buying this great CD, as the first two excellent KOC’s discs had filled a ‘quota’. However after really enjoying their new 2021 release Peace or Love, I decided to purchase this too. Additionally happy to see the HDCD light appear when giving this a spin on the CDX2 player!

6 Likes

Been immersing myself in the Get back films but heard She loves you on the radio from 1963 and thought Wow they really were very good throughout

3 Likes

I enjoy everything they released, but then I’m sad like that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I think like so many of us experiencing The Beatles in real time it was impossible for them not to leave a mark.

2 Likes

I think this is one of their best, if not the best:

2 Likes

Khachaturian. Vinyl.

“The theme of the ballet has been interpreted by some as a covert reference to the Russians rebelling against their own oppressive Soviet leaders – Khachaturian himself had been officially denounced as a ‘formalist’ and his music dubbed ‘anti-people’ in 1948 (although his name was later restored).”

71+0wlZkihL.SY355

6 Likes