What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Staying with Russ Titelman produced albums

81A5c2hHeyL.SS500
Ry Cooder - Paradise and Lunch.

21 Likes

Frank Sinatra. A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

10 Likes

20 Likes

@johnt, I would love to get hold of this CD, but can’t see it anywhere, not even on Lisa’s website.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire That’s The Way Of the World
2012 Sony / Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / SICP20354

14 Likes

3 x LP - Universal / MOV this compilation 2006 : )

<<>>

J. J. Cale was born on this day in 1938

born on 5th December 1938, in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma :us:

John Weldon “J. J.” Cale 1938-2013

18 Likes

Son Volt ‎– American Central Dust
CD|2009

8 Likes

Several of us have posted Arooj Aftab Vulture Prince on this thread. Just found this live recording of some of the songs at a US radio station. A bit of talking heads but mostly music. Check out the funky harpiste.

2 Likes

No so keen on this particular DK album. Can’t think what attracted me to it in the first place.

4 Likes

John Mayer - Sob Rock.

9 Likes

There are several albums by Lisa that are unavailable, but if you email Lisa and speak to her, hopefully she will send the files for Catt’s Brown Bag to you or make them available to you via drop box. Her Christmas album that she recorded for family and friends is a good one for this time of year. Good luck, though I don’t think you will need luck as she is a very kind and helpful lady.

Thanks John, and yes, I have been in email contact with Lisa in the past, and she is a lovely girl.

I will see if if I can purchase the files off her.

She is such a talent, and I simply can’t understand why she isn’t massive. I guess there are many artists in that boat.

1 Like

The Beatles - Help

Taking the lead from @AlanP on this one. I just noticed from AMG that this is only 33 minutes long, which seems short these days. Simple solution: play it twice! :grinning:

23 Likes

Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
CD|2002

Indie rock. Haven’t listened to this in a long while. Very good debut album.

4 Likes

I’ve just come downstairs from listening to ‘The Yes Album’ (on LP, as is right and proper).

Jeez, those lads could play their instruments. Can anyone suggest a more talented set of musicians? Led Zeppelin, perhaps?

4 Likes

Arrived yesterday.

12 Likes

Mahavishnu Orchestra, perhaps?

But I agree about Yes. The subsequent albums even more so, with RCM graduate, Rick Wakeman.

1 Like

Youssou N’Dour - The Lion

Great to hear this LP again after, perhaps, ten years.

6 Likes

2nd Xmas tree up and decorated so time to chill to xmas tunes
On Vinyl:
61naI7G6z-L.AC_UY436_QL65

12 Likes

I’m not a fan of Xmas albums mainly due to working in the retail trade as a youngun and being slowly brain drained every yuletide with headoffice approved Christmas CDs which had to be played on repeat loop…
However, this is rather relaxing and different. I love the trumpet sound and listen to quite a bit of Chris Botti, so I’m liking this.

3 Likes