What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

20 Likes

From Rhino’s seven-album vinyl box set. For me this is where Buckley starts getting more “out there” – and hence really good.

16 Likes

I felt the same, better than I expected and I’m particularly enjoying the 5.1 mix.

1 Like

81dF3gYOEFL.AC_UY436_QL65

I was astonished while perusing the forum to realise his output, I had no idea the amount of albums he had recorded. Surely this is up there with the best. As a side note I only got to see him the once, in Birmingham and I was right at the back of some big arena. The sound quality was so bad we got a refund on the night!

23 Likes

10 Likes

Pendragon | Not of This World | 2001
Good prog rock from Pendragon that’s more appreciated in Northern Europe than back home. This is one of their best.

5 Likes

Kris Kristofferson, The Austin Sessions.

6 Likes

My favourite ‘Keef’ solo record and IMO the best solo record from a Stone

15 Likes

Gave this new one a shot a few days ago, it sounds stunning.

Hearing so many layers and nuances streaming on the Nova I’ve not heard with my older versions. There may be technically better versions and I suspect superior vocalists for the 4th movement but when she suddenly completely nails the first high note in that section it made me stand to attention, just very powerful, (perhaps even incorrect, I may try to find the score) but she just suddenly hits it.

I mentioned elsewhere that others are likely to be more skilled than me at a critique but it just sounds so good, maybe just well recorded:

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 00.13.40

8 Likes

Analogue Productions mono vinyl. This was recorded more than 70 years ago, and to be honest, it is one of the very best sounding albums I have ever heard. The music, of course, is celestially good.

17 Likes

10 Likes

81NmasoXQdL.AC_UY436_QL65

Tonight’s choices influenced by Mrs markah but nonetheless there are some great tunes on this. Jezebel being my favourite.

28 Likes

Some mellow sounds from Richard Hawley, with his Late Night Final album from 2001. Just love the cover - reminds me of the market halls in many northern cities and towns.

7 Likes

Certainly is a great album.

A few of my University pals went to see them in 1985, no idea what I was doing, but wish I had, but soon got into The Jewel after hearing someone’s cassette version.

Their albums post Kowtow and before Pure are I think the best. Enjoyed the change in direction with Pure and Passion but not so sure after that.

1 Like

Clannad. Past Present. CD. A bottle of wine, a Curry, Football with no sound. All is not lost.

11 Likes

Love it! Great album and completely agree, I have it too and often use it to demo my system to the uninitiated in Hi-Fi!

1 Like

Snowy White

Something on Me.

5 Likes

Turn the TV off and it might be even better :wink:

1 Like

That is just about how I feel about them @Alley_Cat, like you I enjoyed their more rock based change of direction with Pure & Passion but think Men Who Climb Mountains is pretty good too.

1 Like