What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

It’s a lovely album, but I’ve now had two copies and both are dreadful. Plagued with clicks and crackles all over the place. Sounds like non-fill but I can’t see any evidence of it. Both cleaned on the RCM. Both copies have gone back. Hope you have better luck than I.

1 Like

On Vinyl:
61p8SclkeVL.AC_UY436_QL65

14 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ ‎– Keep It Simple
CD|2004

19 Likes

Husband and wife, both very talented pianists:

3 Likes

On CD:-

51b2RtE4CVL._AC_1

Waterson Carthy - Holy Heathens And The Old Green Man

9 Likes

Van Morrison. Hard Nose the Highway. Vinyl. 1973. Good but a bit quirky. Not played in ages.

hardnosehighway_1-12

14 Likes

Mine didn’t appear too bad. I heard a couple of clicks I think (I wasn’t counting).

1 Like

On Vinyl:
81ZLvVtzBBL.AC_UY436_QL65

6 Likes

Diac 2 of this excellent 2021 Elvis set. This is all the religious stuff (it is Sunday, after all), plus carols and secular Xmas songs but The King can make any old dreck sound great. As ever with these RCA Nashville recordings, the SQ is stellar.

7 Likes

Tubby Hayes - Mexican Green

From the box set.

5 Likes

5 Likes

A couple of classic albums from Studio One

Horace Andy - Skylarking

Originally released in 1972, every track an essential classic

you see a mans face, but you don’t see his heart

Dennis Brown - If I Follow My Heart
released 1971

The second of two albums that Studio One released of Dennis Brown who was a child protoje mentored by Coxsone Dodd and his roster of artists and musicians. According to legend he had to be stood on a crate to reach the microphone.
Many artists have been critical of Coxsone Dodd for allegedly ripping them off over royalties etc. Dennis was more pragmatic and later said that his time as a child at Studio One was like “attending a musical college”

:heart:

5 Likes

Hurray For The Riff Raff ‎– Look Out Mama
CD|2012

Folk rock, folk.

1 Like

There are seven of these Christmas With My Friends albums. The earlier ones are better I feel, but all are very good and not too cheesy.

4 Likes

First go at this beautifully-packed Jazz In Britain 3-CD set. It’s got Tubby Hayes, Stan Tracey, Trevor Watts, Kenny Wheeler, John Stevens, Jeff Clyne and Phil Seamen on it so it ought to be good…

3 Likes

Hue and Cry Live. Bitter Suite. Live intimate performance. Just Piano and voice, with occasional Sax and Violin. Actually, lovely with some great cover versions of Kate Bush, Elvis Costello, Thelonious Monk etc. No horrid 80s production here!!

81iLZf4lZpL.SS500

1 Like

5 Likes

LP - Ruf Records 2015 : )

Kim Simmonds - guitar
Pat DeSalvo - bass guitar
Garnet Grimm - drums

Album recorded and released in 2015

<<>>

Happy 74th Birthday Kim Simmonds! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born on 5th December 1947 in Newbridge, Caerphilly, Wales :uk:

11 Likes