What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

2 Likes

4 Likes

Brass Monkey from 1971

1 Like

The constant rain is keeping us indoors with some juicy music.

2 Likes

The History Of Apple Pie ‎– Feel Something
CD|2014

Indie rock.

1 Like

On CD, from The Complete Sussex & Columbia Albums box set.

7 Likes

A bunch of trax of this due out Feb 22nd. I know this will please a certain member.

12 Likes

My last post made me dig out this His first release which his Dad kindly sent to me way back in 2002.

8 Likes

Nils Peter Molvær - Khmer

Glorious at any time of day. If you can nudge up the vol a touch though because it seems to be a bit quiet, in ECM style.

3 Likes

Mark Knopfler, Privateering. Imo one of his best albums! Vinyl.

18 Likes

SWMBO likes this album so she asked me to play it next.

7 Likes

Harry Nilsson. Son of Shmilsson.
Contains some wonderful songs but he doesn’t seem to be taking things seriously. Which means a lot of humour even on tracks like “I wish I was dead “

10 Likes

Bob Dylan, the freewheelin. Love this Bob Dylan album. Love the harmonica and all. :relaxed:

Don’t think twice, it’s alright. :relaxed:

20 Likes

You have left us guessing :grin:

1 Like

I aim to tease.

2 Likes

After the horrors of the 1980s, Black Tie, White Noise was hailed as a bit of a return to form when it came out 28 years ago, but in retrospect it’s bitty and rather dreary – significantly, the best tracks (for me) are a cover, Scott Walker’s “Night Flights”; and a very Walkeresque song (“You’ve Been Around”). The production hasn’t aged well either.

Got to say though, this new 2-LP vinyl version, from the huge Brilliant Adventure box, sounds absolutely fantastic – whoever remastered this deserves a huge round of applause.

13 Likes

Kate Rusby - While Mortals Sleep.

The first Christmas tree is up, mulled wine on the go, so time for one of the Holly Head’s Christmas albums to carry the festive mood along. Santa’s back too !

9 Likes

There are three rather good tracks from the new Amos Lee album on Qobuz or the Dualtone website to wet your appetite.
Into the Clearing
Shoulda Known Better
And two versions of Worry No More

Yes….playing now, could be a good album👍

1 Like

Tomasz Stanko Quintet - Dark Eyes

Further ECM mastery, sounds great.

2 Likes