What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

They released it on vinyl for the latest RSD and there are copies on eBay for under £20 it seems even the flippers steered clear of this.

This and Blood, Chet and Tears a terrible covers album on Verve are even worse than his Mariachi Brass Band releases I’m a huge Chet fan as you know but own none of the above.

Chet had, had his teeth knocked out prior to this which obviously did his playing no good there are several accounts as to why from Chet himself but suffice to say it involved Chet either scoring or owing money for drugs.

1 Like

cover

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

And the evening’s listening was finished off by FM as SWMBO had just finished watching the Classic Albums show on Sky and wanted to hear this album. The Japanese version with Silver Springs in at No 6 on the track listing.

29 Likes

First of today.

4 Likes

Standing in the queue for COVID booster listening to this.

Ayreon- Transitus
Some of the usual suspects singing Simone Simons, Michael Mills amongst others but also has
Tom (Dr Who) Baker as the storyteller
Joe Satriani chips in with a guitar solo

Thinks HG Wells meets Carmina Burana

3 Likes

Gramps Morgan - Positive Vibration

2 Likes

Norah Jones - Classic Jones

6 Likes

Lee Morgan - Cornbread

Fine hard bop album.

15 Likes

Othman Wahabi - The Blues Whisperer

6 Likes

Southside Johnny. Pills and ammo.
Although I am big fan I don’t have this album. @Pete_the_painter recommended it about a year ago.
Played it, loved it, forgot about it. Luckily Pete jogged my memory recently. It’s very good and streaming via Apple.

7 Likes

Wings - Wildlife.

11 Likes

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Willy and the Poor Boys

19 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be… Naked

I have to agree with @DanSteel that this is still better than the recent remastered set, simply because it removes the Phil Spector noise. That said, I do still like the jungle version of Across the Universe.

22 Likes

51abm8AiViL.SS500
Dire Straits - Making Movies.

27 Likes

2 x LP - Blue Note / 2010 MoFi Special Limited Edition no. 001601 : )

Patricia Barber - piano & vocals
Neal Alger - Guitar
Michael Arnapol - Bass
Eric Montzka - Drums

With special guests: Jim Gailloreto saxophone (tracks 1, 2, 10); Choral Thunder, directed by Shelby Webb, Jr. background vocals (tracks 10, 11)

With additional vocals by: Paul Falk (track 7), Grazyna Auguscik (track 11), Lawrice Flowers (tracks 7, 10), Airreal Watkins (track 10), Walter “Mitchell” Owens, III (track 10)

All words & music by Patricia Barber
Produced by Patricia Barber

Blue Note Records - Album released in 2006

12 Likes

Norah Jones, I Dream Christmas. Qobuz. Uniti Nova.

14 Likes

On vinyl from the ‘Studio Albums’ box set… :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

20 Likes