What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

91RjSTcnDrL.SS500
Beverley Knight - Music City Soul, a super singer.

7 Likes

Dire Straits - Making Movies

24 Likes

12 Likes

Paul McCartney - Ram

18 Likes

Pops Staples - Don’t Lose This.

I’ve posted this one lots of times, but it really is just a great happiness inducing listen, with some lovely tremolo guitar work from Pops.

11 Likes

Moving on to…

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

16 Likes

Staying warm and dry Tidal streaming the debut from Brit saxophonist Chelsea Charmichael (Seed Ensemble et al) The River Doesn’t Like Strangers. Produced by Shabaka. Sweet - a variety of styles but a fair bit dubby and spiritual.

2 Likes

Eleanor Buckland ‎– You Don’t Have To Know
CD|2021

First seen on this thread. Enjoyable album.

2 Likes

81Q8kl9BDPL.SS500
Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood - Live From Madison Square Garden.

16 Likes

Listening to the Beatles Revolver as I work away

19 Likes

Yes - Keys to Ascension 2

The live cuts on this disc (it includes both live and studio) include I’ve Seen All Good People, Turn of the Century, Close to the Edge, And You and I, Going for the One and Time and a Word. The sound is infinitely better than Yessongs, Yesshows and Progeny 7/72.

11 Likes

To increase the pace of a frozen morning:

4 Likes

Andreas Vollenweider & Friends 25 Years Live / 2008 Kin Kou / US CD x 2 / KIN17711

2 Likes

Winds getting up, mulling syrups made and cats curled up next to me so something to batten down the hatches too.

2 Likes

Elkie Brooks - 5 classic albums on CD, inc Pearls. £15 from River a few months back.

Great voice and wonderful playing on my boom-box before storing in the car for long trips.

An artiste (from the 1970/80s) not to be over-looked IMV.

8 Likes

Triple Echo and Games are both very good too.

1 Like

Jean-Luc Ponty Individual Choice / 1983 Atlantic / US CD / 7800982

2 Likes

I was very surprised to happen upon Didier Malherbe from the lunatic 70s band Gong, playing with the Hadouk Trio. Still trippy but much more musically accomplished .

1 Like

Elvin Jones - Illumination

3 Likes

Bob Dylan, The Freewheelin’. Vinyl.

17 Likes