What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Madcap laughs and Barrett. A double bill from Syd.

10 Likes

Or early. :wink:

1 Like

I may need to reappraise Men Who Climb Mountains, I tried a few times but it didn’t really do much for me.

Their concert videos from Poland are tremendous.

I really miss Scott Higham’s drumming he had a kind of zany reverential look when they played tracks from before his time, he put so much enthusiasm and energy into the live concerts I was very sad to see him move on.

I’m stuck in a City currently, too close to a local off-licence/small shops, but also close to a small live venue - I was lucky enough to see Pendragon live there a few years ago, Toyah too. Naturally the live venue is currently shut which is a shame.

Great cover shot. They look so young - and genuinely happy.

2 Likes

71IeyaLKdXL.AC_UY436_QL65

Selected tracks from this, not my choice tonight but some of these songs strike back to many happy times in the 80’s. I can’t help thinking of nights at The State in Liverpool, for anyone familiar with the venue.

9 Likes

Brandi Carlile - By The Way, I Forgive You

7 Likes

Saw that a Global Village Trucking Co retrospective is being issued. Saw them support Gong in Norwich St Andrews Hall in 1974 or maybe 5. Inspired me to listen to some Steve Hillage - yeah the Pot Head Pixie schtick was amusing but this guy and band can play.

On Virgin vinyl.

9 Likes

18 Likes

@markah has prompted me to dig out these two simultaneously-released 1981 albums (on vinyl, naturally) – the Minds’ finest hour:

21 Likes

“Her Revolution / His Rope” by Burial featuring Four Tet and Thom Yorke has been played a lot recently on BBC Radio 6 Music. So I decided to play Thom Yorke’s solo album from 2019. I think this is as good as any of his albums with Radiohead.

This is the free download that you can get when you buy the album on vinyl.

10 Likes

15 Likes

When ones mind is in the right frame for it, this is exceedingly enjoyable.

4 Likes

Neil Young - Freedom

26 Likes

Great albums but would say that New Gold Dream was their pinnacle.

3 Likes

The Flaming Lips - Oczy Mlody

6 Likes

Great album. I love the song “Eldorado” on this album; especially for the massive power chord, which sounds amazing when played loud.

1 Like

Teddy Thompson - A Piece Of What You Need. A decent folk-pop album from Teddy, with some guitar playing (not clear from the sleeve notes if this is Teddy, as two guitarists listed) reminiscent of his dad.

8 Likes

71c837KdfhL.AC_UY436_QL65

Personally I think Lateralus is the best thing they ever did but this still has the drumming talents of Danny Carey so it’s good enough for me.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Some more Tom Adams this evening, Silence. This is a beautiful chilled album and a lovely recording. Qobuz 44/16.

3 Likes