What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Julian Bream
Rodrigo Concierto De Aranjuez For Guitar And Orchestra
Vivaldi Concerto For Lute And Strings /
Britten The Courtly Dances From “Gloriana”

11 Likes

Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More

9 Likes

Perhaps you’ll forgive me if I don’t investigate further!

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Desire

IIRC it was this album which introduced me to the delights of Emmylou Harris, whose harmonies blend so well with Dylan’s vocals. That then led on to Gram Parsons etc.

I usually think that BOTT is my favourite Dylan album, with this a close second. While I’m currently enjoying an Emmylou period, I think this might have knocked BOTT into second place.

23 Likes

Neil Diamond - Melody Road

11 Likes

Bob James and Earl Klugh One on One / 2015 Tappan Zee / Japan CD / VICJ61730

7 Likes

A day off, so enjoying a few old favorites! Always love some Coverdale & Hughes era Deep Purple

17 Likes

The Bathers - Sunpowder. A bit like a Scottish Tom Waits / Nick Cave. Elizabeth Fraser guests on a couple of tracks which has got to be a good thing.

5 Likes

Cory Hanson - Pale Horse Rider. I don’t know much about Cory except that he’s the front man for an LA band called Wand. This is an excellent slice of Americana.

3 Likes

Will be featuring in my best of 2021 list, great album

2 Likes

Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel

When travelling in California, we stopped off at the 29 Palms motel, where we were offered the room in which GP’s drug experiments came to an end. We declined, taking the room next door instead.

This album was released after his death.

14 Likes

Enjoying CD 11 - K.550 / 551 “Jupiter”

<<>>

Happy 75th Birthday Trevor Pinnock! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born 16th December 1946 in Canterbury, Kent, England :uk:

12 Likes

Jerry Joseph - The Beautiful Madness. This is an excellent album and if I’d heard it in the year it was released (2020) it would have been right at the top of my best of the year. The Drive By Truckers ( and former DBT member, Jason Isbell) play on the album and it’s produced by Patterson Hood. If you like the DBT or Jason, you’ll love this.

4 Likes

Graham Parker - Cloud Symbols

I noticed his Howlin’ Wind here yesterday.

4 Likes

By coincidence, I was thinking as I played the Jerry Joseph album above that his voice reminded me of Graham Parker.

Graham Parker. Heat treatment.
Yesterday @AndyP played Howling wind which I always play back to back with this second album. Excellent.

15 Likes

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - Carnage.

6 Likes

Just love the live setting of the songs from the first two albums on The Parkerilla

7 Likes

Classic evening-

27 Likes

On we plod…

9 Likes