What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Best of the Kinks CD 1 of 2

Moving away from ancient and early music, these boys were just fab and a constant radio backdrop to my yoof.

14 Likes

In Step by Stevie Ray Vaughan, one of the guitar greats. A life tragically cut short. What a talent!

19 Likes

UK first press vinyl on Metal Beat Records (distibuted via Virgin). Fabulous!

10 Likes

Prince - 1998 Christmas in Utrech

8 Likes

Daft Punk, random access memories. To dig myself out of the carpenters bug I was thinking of something totally different. This one is awesome! :relaxed:

17 Likes

Bob Dylan. Planet waves and Infidels.
Playing back to back from 1974 and 1983 they have one thing in common. They’re both brilliant.
Of course I have them on vinyl and cd but streaming tonight.

12 Likes

Garland’s “big” album was Ghost Writer - in 1977 - his 1973 album is more of an acoustic affair.

1 Like

13 Likes

If you need to get your (socially distanced) Xmas party started then you could do worse than this - Chic songs remixed by Dimitri from Paris. The version of Lost in Music is almost as good as The Fall’s version

3 Likes

More of good old Foxxy, again on UK first press vinyl:

5 Likes

Christmas schmaltz was never in safer hands…

4 Likes

The Carpenters, love songs. Sorry another carpenters album. “I need to be in love” is reportedly Karen’s favorite song which starts this album. It also has most of Richard’s favorite songs.

Earle Dumpler, English horn, I need to love said,”there’s an affection in her voice for that song. It’s unique.”
(Source: The nations favorite carpenters song, YouTube mentioned in prev post.)

Might be my lack of discernment, I find that in so many of her songs. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Richard’s fav songs are “For all we know” and “Superstar”. Fav recordings are “Ticket to ride”, “Close to you” and “Merry Christmas, Darling”. “Ticket to ride” & “Merry Christmas, Darling” are not in this album. Rest easy, I won’t be playing the Carpenters Christmas album just yet.
(Source: Carpenters Fans Ask-Richard Answers Archive)

11 Likes

George Jones, Cold Hard Truth. Qobuz. A fantastic album by The King Of Country Music!

6 Likes

There was time when the music press were all over this band with justification. Mark Eitzel was awarded songwriter of the year by Rolling Stone and California should have been massive….

4 Likes

Oh happy day

3 Likes

1 Like

UK first press vinyl:

16 Likes

John Foxx, Translucence + Drift music. Wow, how diverse is his work?! Translucence + drift, Metamatic, The Garden, B Movie, etc all sound so different! Thanks!

Translucence + Drift Music is putting my dogs at ease and fast asleep so I am playing that for now. Not very audiophile, as much as I love a quiet environment, hearing the girl snore is actually quite nice.

4 Likes

UK first press vinyl. My favourite ABBA album (aprt from the '76 Greatest Hits, of course).

8 Likes

From the genius and lovely bloke Matt Deighton - Track 2 - Jesse - sounds like a Motown lost classic. Produced by Eddie Pillar.

3 Likes