What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

71rORD+gCtL.SS500
Paul McCartney - Kisses On The Bottom.

7 Likes

An oldie but goldie from 45 years ago…

15 Likes

One of the first LPs I ever bought, but one I haven’t listened to for absolutely ages. Paul McCartney & Wings - Venus And Mars. I have to say I’ve thoroughly enjoyed re-acquainting myself with it.

18 Likes

8 Likes

Bobbie Gentry, fancy. I was still reading about Karen Carpenter with John Fox’s translucence + drift music album. It was so tranquil and melancholic, I couldn’t help it.

Carpenter is surrounded by a lot of controversies regarding relationship with her mother, Richard’s hold on her career and artistic directions, and her relationship with her husband. All really sad. I have trouble trying to find her solo album to listen to.

Gentry, otoh, had limited success after her debut album Ode to Billie Joe. Her 7th album Patchwork was her last album released (in 1971). She had success hosting TV shows and was credited as co-director for her many great ideas. At 40, she decisively left the showbiz and has remained out of the limelight. Well done.

9 Likes

Bobbie Gentry, patchwork. What a shame this is her last album. I really like it. :relaxed:

10 Likes

Lisa Mills, I’m changing. :notes::cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

6 Likes

LP - Milestone Records 1980 : )

Alex Malheiros - bass, vocals, handclaps
Ivan Conti - drums, percussion, handclaps
Jose Roberto Bertrami - keyboards, organ, percussion, vocoder, vocals
Aleuda - percussion, vocals

Recorded at Studio Sonoviso, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Studio Transamerica and at Studio Havay, Rio de Janeiro). Mixed and mastered at Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California

<<>>

Delivering the benefits of superior off-peak early hours grid electric power supply, and bringing out the full flavour :yum:

3 Likes

These guys produce stunning & evocative soundtracks and a new one ‘ La Panthère des Neiges’ has just been released.

1 Like

3 Likes
7 Likes

To start the day…

The Band - 1996 The Weight

8 Likes

Soundtracking the “tea break” in the Test match, before the inevitable happens.

If Only I Could Remember My Name - David Crosby.

SQ is up there with the superb DVD-a of this.

8 Likes

Agreed, terrific partnership
I gave la panthère des neiges a listen earlier today :+1:

1 Like

On CD:-

Neil Young with Crazy Horse - Everybody Knows This is Nowhere

20 Likes

Looking forward to listening to this later today

Giving this a spin this morning on original vinyl and it’s sounding absolutely brilliant

Rush - Permanent Waves

And then saw this while browsing Facebook

Which won’t make any sense unless you are a Rush fan but it definitely made me smile

8 Likes

Shouldn’t it be “the words of the profits” for the Rush version?

1 Like

Edit Simon and Garfunkel surely?

1 Like