What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Abdullah Ibraham - Water From An Ancient Well

I just needed something to lift the spirits - this works every time. Wonderful record.

9 Likes

Haven’t listened to this in yonks. At the Harbour also a good song but got tired of the band. Ashes Are Burning is indeed an almighty track.

1 Like

Now playing…

Kate Bush - The Red Shoes

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this morning with Kate’s ‘The Red Shoes’ and the toes are tapping and body swaying! Just what I need for a gray and overcast morning… oh, and she is sounding mighty sweet!

24 Likes

I’ve never quite “got” Charlie Parker, so over the next few months I’m going to make an effort to understand. Starting with this, his most famous and accessible album (on vinyl):

14 Likes

Caribou - Swim

3 Likes

RJ Dio stuff prior to joining Richie Blackmore’s Rainbow. Let’s boogie!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

8 Likes

Promising full album debut from Celeste.

12 Likes

Now playing…

Trygve Seim - Rumi Songs

Trygve Seim (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Tora Augestad (Vocal), Frode Haltli (Accordion) and Svante Henryson (Violoncello).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Trygve and this talented group of musicians with some very fine music!

2 Likes

Only For Dolphins - Action Bronson

All over the map hip hop.

1 Like

Vinyl, from Rhino’s 7-LP box set.

12 Likes

Before 1st run, interesting album

3 Likes

Great album especially the beginning

13 Likes

Going into the first run

13 Likes

The Left Banke . Walk away Renee. Heard the cover of Four Tops title track on the radio and decided to check out the album. It’s the kind of 60s group Tony would recommend to me. Maybe he has. Maybe I’ve forgotten. Anyway I’m rambling. Great music.

5 Likes

Lovely recording of (IMO) Tchaikovsky’s finest symphony by Paavo Jarvi and the Tonhalle- Orchester Zurich

7 Likes

Don’t recall having ever listened to them but very much like The Byrds(ish) to me. Kind of okayish!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Back to Neu! Here’s Neu 86 on vinyl:

7 Likes

Apparently they came under the genre Bach rock! :sunglasses:
Maybe they were an early influence on Bach manturneroverdrive :rofl:

1 Like

14 Likes