What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Kamaal Williams - Wu Hen

I’m really enjoying this record the mastering and pressing is quite an improvement over The Return.

A return to his House roots to on some tracks and a really nice flow to the whole record.

2 Likes

17 Likes

The budget they must have spent on cover designs! Probably the only thing they didn’t squabble about.

1 Like

Great album, I agree, and yes it sounds better than the first LP.

More Neu! The first album, on white vinyl:

6 Likes

Now playing…

Waxahatchee - Great Thunder

Katie Crutchfield (Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Omnichord, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer), Brad Cook (Bass, Guitar, Omnichord, Piano, Synthesizer) and Zach Hanson (Banjo, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… taking this release from 2018 for the first time and Katie and trio of musicians are sounding mighty fine!

5 Likes

Been listening to this quite a lot recently.

4 Likes

Is that the Fire and water album you’re listening to?:joy:

2 Likes

12 Likes

9 Likes

Very funny…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Don’t give him any rope, Matteo…:wink: Is this pressing (EU) any good?

Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell Greatest Hits

9 Likes

Yes, this is the last EU RE (2017): very good!

M.

1 Like

Just finished…

Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud

Katie Crutchfield (vocals, acoustic guitar, piano, keys), Brad Cook (bass, acoustic guitar, piano, keys, synth), Bobby Colombo (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keys), Bill Lennox (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keys, percussion), Nick Kinsey (drums, percussion) and Josh Kaufman (electric guitars, piano, organ, percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continued on into the afternoon with Waxahatchee’s ‘Saint Cloud’ album. Katie’s vocals and the very fine group of musicians are sounding mighty sweet! …one very enjoyable album.

8 Likes

3 Likes

Now playing…

Stephan Micus - Snow

Stephan Micus (Doussn’ Gouni, Duduk, Maung, Gongs, Tibetan Cymbals, Bavarian Zither, Sinding, Steel-String Guitar, Hammered Dulcimer, Charango, Nay, Bass Duduk, Voice).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… I played the two Waxahatchee albums while going through my exercise routine for the day. For the cool down period and for the folks throughout the mid-west and eastern US who have been hit hard by bad storms, I thought that ‘Snow’ which is soothing and mellow would be a nice gentle lift. A beautiful and sweet album!

2 Likes

Sounds interesting. A search for “sex” on Tidal gives lots of results, but none that look like that cover.

What is the name of the album?

In the way back machine. Lemonheads - It’s a shame about Ray

10 Likes

Washington Suite - Lloyd McNeil Quartet

2 Likes