What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

22 Likes

More orrible oo!
Cleaned up n sounding good
Cant Explain/Bald Headed Woman
MCA no idea if this was an original US pressing or re issue.

:heart:

10 Likes

Yes, I’d love that, and wish I’d bought one at the time. Looks expensive on Discogs and elsewhere.

I’ve just got a few studio albums from the 70s and the three stereo/mono RSD albums issued a few years ago.

2 Likes

I never get tired of this one.

7 Likes

Howard Jones. 1984 Vinyl. Found this with the vinyl, a remnant from my wife’s past. Some good songs, it sounds “very” 80s. Fair play to him though, he plays all instruments himself, except Sax. Apparently it entered the album charts at number 1.

HowardJonesHumansLib

10 Likes

Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bass & Mandolin

3 Likes

Mantra Moderne - Kit Sebastian

1 Like

12 Likes

On CD:-

Robert Glasper Experiment - Black Radio

2 Likes

I rarely post Reggae :wink:

Dennis Brown absolute stonking classic Money In My Pocket pts 1&2
Lightning Records 1979.

Back in 79 when this came out, we used to hang about a dodgy greasy spoon caff called The Morocco Cafe, trust me nothing Moroccan about it, you wouldnt eat there and you’d need to carry out a risk assessment before chancing the tea!
But it had a room full of vintage Bally tables n Pinball machines and a big Jukebox with booming speakers that shook the wooden floor.
Regular selections to wake the town were this Dennis Brown Money In My Pocket and the live version of AC/DC Whole Lotta Rosie! :joy:

Ahh! Can smell the grease, fag ash n chip fat!

6 Likes

18 Likes

Are you back off your soap box Tony?

1 Like

No, just giving it a rest and revisiting some stuff from the 90’s I used to listen to via the medium of streaming, Steve.:sunglasses:

1 Like

10 Likes

UK rap with lots of stuff swirling around beneath it.
It came out during last summer, I know nothing about him/them, yet it’s quite brilliant.

Talk Is Cheap - Finn Foxell

Now playing…

Robert Plant | Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

Robert Plant (Vocals), Alison Krauss (Fiddle, Vocals), Riley Baugus (Banjo), Jay Bellerose (Drums), Norman Blake (Acoustic Guitar), T-Bone Burnett (6-String Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Dennis Crouch (Bass, Acoustic Bass), Greg Leisz (Pedal Steel), Marc Ribot (Banjo, Dobro, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Mike Seeger (Autoharp) and Patrick Warren (Keyboards, Pump Organ, Toy Piano).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… kicking off this sunny Wednesday morning with Alison and Robert’s Raising Sand album and enjoying the music and helping to shake out the cobwebs while drinking a cup of coffee. One sweet album…

35 Likes

Live | Throwing Copper | 1994
Playing arguably their best album, good American rock it was certainly their biggest seller with 8 million sales.

6 Likes

My dad had this brilliant 1958 10" LP The Best Of Sellers with Sellers doing all the voices. I grew up loving this hilarious record and the Caff I mentioned above always reminded me of the one in the sketch Balham Gateway To The South from that record.
It was scratched to bits from being played to death on an old vintage radiogram and became unplayable.
I was pleased to find it recently on Tidal with a few extra tracks, one or two sketches probably aren’t very PC these days such as the Irish Men Of Shamrock, but it’s a hilarious listen very much of it’s time.

The great Peter Sellers, have a listen

R-919883-1298804875.jpeg R-919883-1298804913.jpeg

The Tidal stream
20210203_181637

9 Likes

Ibert, Divertissement
Saint-Saëns, Danse Macabre
Bizet Jeux d’Enfants
Saint-Saëns, Le Rouet d’Omphale

The Paris Conservatoire Orchestra, Jean Martinon. London FFRR LP. (1969 reissue)

Martinon and the Paris Conservatoire Orchestra were famous for their dynamic and rhythmic interpretations and that programme really suits them perfectly. This is French classical music at its best, full of invention, humour and unforgettable melodies. Impossible for me to refrain from laughing out loud hearing Saint-Saëns turning the Dies Irae into a waltz in his famous Danse Macabre.

Sound quality is amazing, with thunderous bass and breathtaking dynamics. In addition the pressing is beyond reproach.

Several copies available at Discogs for peanuts.

Ibert Martinon

Claude

6 Likes

Brilliant @Dreadatthecontrols my father had these too, amongst many other comedy albums, happy memories with these Peter Sellers records, thanks for posting.

1 Like